1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Vertigo at night/shivering

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Sarah Walkwr, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Sarah Walkwr

Sarah Walkwr New Member

Mar 16, 2024
    Hey guys,
    I'm new here, so a lovely "Hello" from Austria to you all :)!!
    I got a few questions with which you might be (hopefully) able to help me, I really enjoyed reading the posts here in general and they are helping me a lot.
    So thats why I'm doing this one, I feel pretty lost and anxious currently and maybe you had similar experiences you want to share with me and help me with that.

I was diagnosed with MD a few months ago and I've already had a few treatments. Recently like 2 weeks ago I had a so-called "labyrinth anesthesia". This involves injecting an anaesthetic and an enzyme into the middle ear, which is then supposed to reach the inner ear and in the long term relieve the pressure equalization and improve the dizziness and reduces the vertigo attacks. Have any of you had experience with this? I can hardly find similar reports about the treatment in general, here in Austria in the clinic they do it quite often and it seems to help many people. But so far I haven't noticed any real difference, only that in the days afterwards my balance was gone and I was super dizzy. I would just be interested to know how much time the treatment took to "work" for you guys and how you felt afterwards.
    Anyway, for the last few days I've had the problem of waking up at night and feeling super dizzy, my body is shaking then. It's a really disgusting feeling, I'm super weak and my body shakes, I'm always really scared even though nothing is actually happening except the dizziness and the shivering and sometimes the nausea. Never had that during the night, so I'm really wondering where that comes from.
    I have the feeling it could be related to the fact that I've been going out on walks a lot lately again after I was resting a lot and it's a kind of muscle ache? Have you ever had similar phases, what helped you? Its not the typical vertigo attack.

Thank you very much for your answers, I am grateful for every single one.

Kind regards

Sarah

2. Steven Wm.son

Steven Wm.son New Member

Feb 23, 2024
    I wish I could help you with the night sweats and shivering. I have not had any of that. I'm interested you were able to get the labyrinth anesthesia so fast. Here in the US we must got through several steps before that can be considered (as far as I know I can't just ask for it, but healthcare here is a nightmare---even as I m grateful for my insurance.)

Is it possible you have another illness, a virus maybe?

3. verti

verti Member

May 20, 2014

4. verti

verti Member

May 20, 2014
    The only thing that helped me at all is sleeping on my back with head elevated, in an almost sitting up position. Good luck!

5. tek465b

tek465b Member

Feb 27, 2022
    I also get very dizzy at night about half the time, if ihave to wake up to pee or something like that i must be carefull not to fall face first on the ground.

The morning is always the worst time for me, if i wake up without vertigo am usually good for the day.
    But other time i wake up with total head spin and it take a good part of the day to get back to normal.