1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Vitamins for Meniere

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by IvanA, Jun 3, 2020.

1. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    As always, I have used google translate because my English is bad. I am sorry if something is wrongly expressed.

After seeing a user who recommended vitamin B5 and B6 for meniere. I have been looking for some more information about vitamins for the ear, I have not found clinical trials as I would like; but this article does (it is in Spanish, use google transalte): Vitaminas B, c d y E son necesarias

The summary is:

-Vitamin B2 and B3 are therapeutic for Meniere.
    -B5 would help for tinnitus, B6 would help for fluid retention in the inner ear.
    -B12 and Biotin (also known as B7 or B8) would help against hearing loss.
    -Vitamin C reduces damage to hair cells.
    -Vitamin D for cochlear deafness or nervous hearing loss.
    -Vitamin E helps in recovery from sudden hearing loss (as was my case 3 years ago, but it is surely too late to recover now).

In addition, vitamins work better in conjunction with others as JOH already explains in their regimen. This article does not have any source from which they have obtained this information, but with JOH many people have improved taking, among other things, C and E; and in another thread other people improved taking B5 and B6. I think we lose nothing by trying to take all the vitamins mentioned in the article, especially those of type B along with C and E.

Notice if someone is supplemented with D:
    -This vitamin is generated by taking the sun every day for 10 minutes on your hands and face, if you put your whole body in less than 5 minutes.
    -If taken in pills, it must be vitamin D3 (D2 is poorly absorbed).
    -It should be taken with vitamin K2. This is so because vitamin D helps to absorb and maintain calcium in the blood, but can cause calcium deposits where it does not correspond (especially older people) causing muscle discomfort for example. Vitamin K2 makes calcium stick where it touches - the bones.

• Like Like x 2