1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Weird development with my MD

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Christian S, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Christian S

Christian S New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    Hi, everyone!

I am new to writing in this forum, yet not new to reading. I am from Germany, 35 years old and I immensely appreciate this site/forum. It has given me, at the very least, a feeling that there are quite the number of people who understand what this disease means, and at best, it has given me hope and ideas what to do. There isn't an actual equivalent on German websites, unfortunately.

Well, here it goes. I have a question about a recent development in my MD. I was diagnosed in November 2020. I spent the last 15 months trying all that I can reasonably do with traditional medicine. Betahistine, Aciclovir, antidepressants, MRTs/CT, bloodwork for lyme disease, herpes, blabla. I have been trying out the JOH regimen for 7 months now. On top of that, I am trying a lot of different approaches as well. The downside is that I probably cannot tell which part of the chosen treatments is working. I know, it shouldn't be that way, but ... desperation.

Anyways, about 4 months, after a period of heavy vertigo attacks and general misery, I had had a typical feeling of another menieres episode/attack and when it came, I felt the pressure release and a deafening tinnitus. As usual. But there came no vertigo. At all. I did not think much of it. But since then, I had a lot of these attacks. Deafening, sudden tinnitus after feeling the earfulness gone. I have the day to day vertigo that came with MD. But the vertigo in my actual meniere attacks is gone. When I tried to figure out why that is, I reckoned it was due to the number of attacks. I had 2-3 attacks per week, but no vertigo. Before that, the attacks came about weekly and/or monthly. I thought my membrane tearing that often meant there was not ''enough'' potassium-rich/endolymphatic fluid to disturb the inner ear balance to give me a ''true'' menieres attack. But recently, even when I went through a longer period without an attack, the vertigo didnt come either. I had an appointment for my MD with a universities clinic and they told me my vestibular organ was okay, for the moment. A little damage could be seen,yes, but overall okay. I had thought my weird menieres attacks could have also been a consequence of my vestibular organ shutting down completely. But it seem that wasn't the case as well.

Don't get me wrong. MD still has me in a physical and mental state of terror and hopelesness. But perhaps this is a good sign?! At least the hours of vomitting are gone (for the moment). And also the sheer thought that there is something going on in my ears gives me some hope that things, in fact, do change. I don't want to put all my chips on this development, because I learned that MD can disappoint you in terrible ways.

But I thought it is worth sharing here. Does anybody have similar observations? Or ideas about this weird thing?

2. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    You might be in vertigo burnout. I hope so. Perhaps the search function here will give you some burnout posts to read.

3. Christian S

Christian S New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of that.

4. Lilja

Lilja Member

Sep 14, 2021
    Very true...
    The German MD Websites gave me cold sweat and horror. In my opinion it is not necessary to describe the individual falling to hell en detail.
    Best wishes, Christian.

5. Christian S

Christian S New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    You too and thanks!