1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Well this is a fun club to join

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by recoveringoptimist, Aug 10, 2019.

1. California Sun

California Sun Member

May 23, 2019
    I agree with that to a point. Meniere's DOES diminish the quality of lives. There is no getting around it. I do the best I can but when this vile illness relapses and symptoms are bad, there is just no way I can continue to live my "normal" life. I applaud anybody who can do it, but I can't.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    California Sun, you're absolutely right.

For me, the *fear* of an attack was sucking even more quality of life than what Meniere's took with vertigo, dizziness, nausea, tinnitus, etc. I had to consciously make an effort to try things even though there was a chance it could set off an attack, when the more comfortable choice was isolation and safety at home. For example, I went ahead with a trip to Mexico with my daughter, but carefully booked rooms that would not feel like a prison cell if I had to stay in. Toward the end of the trip the inability to manage sodium while traveling caught up to me with dizziness the last two days, so I laid low. But both daughter and I have wonderful memories from that trip. Seven months later I had laby surgery and now live without fear of vertigo taking me down.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. California Sun

California Sun Member

May 23, 2019

For me, it isn't so much the fear of vertigo, it's that the other symptoms just make me feel so awful that I don't feel like doing anything or going anywhere.