1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Were you this before Meniere's??

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by hopefulstill, Dec 22, 2015.

1. hopefulstill

hopefulstill Member

Jul 27, 2015
    The energy healer I talked to bases his healing on protecting oneself from the "bombarding energies" (that is one part of the work) and it got me thinking about the fact that I have always been a highly sensitive person. I am wondering about all of you....does it make us more energetically prone to this disease.??
    Here is a link to the test. I am most curious about your results!!
    http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/

2. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 Member

May 20, 2014
    The test score shows me to be highly sensitive. However, I cannot connect it to having Menieres.

3. hopefulstill

hopefulstill Member

Jul 27, 2015
    I am just curious if more HSP are more prone to Meniere's.. Purely on an energetic level. The places my mind goes.

4. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    highly sensitive
    I've wondered for a long time if feeling chronically stress ( elevated cortisol) would cause me to suffer from disease. Through the years I've tried to pray and meditate more, say no when I mean no and not worry so much. I feel I've made progress in this area but want to continue to practicing a healthier lifestyle. Heck if I have to stop working I'd like to practice yoga and maybe find a flexible (go when I feel up to it) volunteer job. Probably something to do with clean drinking water.
    I feel that my Meniere's symptoms are inconvenient but have faith that with the help of the right dr. I'll be able to continue to
    work. Right now I can't imagine if I can work an 8 hr day. I'm going to try it on Saturday.

5. BayMama

BayMama Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Very interesting. I read those books about HSP many years ago and have thought about myself that way ever since. I also have chemical sensitivity. These really are all different manifestations of being "sensitive." I am emotionally sensitive, too. I'm one of those people who will get teary watching a sentimental commercial. I never connected all those things before.

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  6. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Yup me too. Very chemical sensitive. Menieres has made me more sensitive I think. Even when my Menieres is settled I still keep a routine of lying down quiet meditation or nap in the afternoon. The world is just too much otherwise.