1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What about taking a B-complex?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by three4rd, Jul 21, 2019.

1. three4rd

three4rd Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Being that we've heard from folks who have benefited from B2, 5, and 6 - any thoughts or experience with taking a complex that has all of them? I came across one that has the following: vitamin c 250% / thiamin 667% / riboflavin 117% / niacin 125% / vitamin b6 100% / folic acid 100% / vitamin b12 250% / biotin 10% / pantothenic acid 55%

Worth a try? I've lately had an unusual number of lightheadedness / dizziness attacks - 4-5 days in a row, which is most unusual for me. Have not added or changed any meds but have started discontinuing my vinpocetine, since I've read some reports on it actually causing lightheadedness, though not sure how accurate those findings are.

Either way, I'm ready to try something different to hopefully cut down on the number of days that I don't feel well.

2. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I was on a multi B complex (for depression) and B2 200 mg twice a day for about a year. During that year, I had 4 months free of vertigo in the summer. The rest of the year I had active terrible vertigo attacks. So for me, I can’t say B vitamins have any relation to my vertigo.

3. Saera

Saera Active Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Doc put me on niacin and that did nothing for my vertigo. But have never tried the B vitamins that are otherwise mentioned.

4. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    After a few years of just having standard meniere attacks I went on a multi b complex vitamin. After a year of this I started to get terrible head aches with vertigo. When I went to a neurologist he told me high levels of b6 can give you vestibular migraines. So I should reduce b6 and take no more than recommended daily allowance and to take between 200 to 400 mg a day of B2. In order to do this you can not really take a multi b vitamin, need to buy B individually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1