1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What are Your Favorite TV Shows?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Cheryl, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    What do you like to watch on TV? I'll be the first to admit I watch way too much television. I can't really listen to music due to hearing loss and distortion, so I have the tv on a lot and use a wireless headset that allows me to go anywhere in the house and still listen to whatever is on.

During the day I like Dr. Phil, Judge Judy and The People's Court. At night I like most of the reality shows, DWTS, Survivor, Project Runway and The Amazing Race. I also like Grey's Anatomy, This is Us, Nashville and The Little Couple. I also listen to a lot of news.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Of course I love TWD. FTWD is ok, I just can’t really say it’s one of my favs. I like little woman, the voice. I also love the pickers. During the day I don’t watch a lot of TV unless there are re-runs. But for the most it’s on music

3. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    I don’t watch a lot of TV. I rarely watch during the day. I Use the PVR and watch when it’s convenient.

I like:
    The Great British Baking Show
    The Great Canadian Baking Show
    Big Bang Theory
    Coronation Street aka Corrie
    CFL football, but feeling guilty about it.
    General Hospital, loyalty viewer, been watching since 1966; can’t quit now!
    Masterpiece Theatre depending on what it is.
    Project Runway, but it’s wearing thin... too much drama not enough designing/sewing.

4. I LOVE This Is Us. If it can make you have multiple feelings during one episode, they’re doing something right. Plus, it shows the reality of families/life. No such thing as perfect, but you can still have so much joy in the midst of heartache and struggle. I’m all over Masterpiece Theatre. I like that new, The Good Doctor show.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Autumn,

I have The Good Doctor episodes on DVR, but I haven't watched any of them, yet. I'm also behind on This Is Us. I need to get caught up.

6. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I am watching Grey’s Anatomy, Heartland, and The Good Wife. I also have a few episodes of Gilmore Girls to watch. I should be reading more, that’s for sure.

7. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Mm, I'm beginning to feel as though I'm slowly, & involuntarily, departing the TV show loop *notes This Is Us

I enjoyed Californication & Stranger Things. Hannibal is sublime, perhaps only for those who enjoy the psychological thriller–horror genre, though.

I've been meaning to watch West World for some time now.

8. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    I tried to watch This is Us. It’s not my cup of tea. The constant music in the background I found annoying. It was a little too feel good for me.

We just finished the 2nd season of The Affair. Now we’re starting season 1 of The Crown.

I just realized how little mainstream TV we watch.

Chery, who won Project Runway? We ditched a package that had channels we never watch and PR was collateral damage.

9. Yeah, I can see how you’d get that impression. In my opinion, it’s one of those shows you have to stick with before it stops making you want to projectile vomit due to excessive mushiness. When it actually talks about the difficult things in life, in conjunction with said mushiness, it may be more palatable. It’s definitely not for everyone.

Is, The Crown, a streaming show?

10. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Hey, Autumn, nice to see you.

The Crown is a Netflix show. I don’t do Netflix, but it’s also out on DVD which I can get from the library. Season 2 is now out on Netflix, but I can wait for it to come out on DVD. That’s how we watched Game of Thrones.

Also get you hands on Indian Summers.

As for Tis Is Us, I’ll have to take your word for it’s virtues, I just couldn’t stomach it . I don’t watch a lot of TV so I want to enjoy what I do watch. It’s like chopped liver; why would I want to develop a taste for it?

11. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Cheryl,I can’t stop watching This is Us. I like the way it’s made. Can’t wait to watch the next episode.

12. I love this show, but seriously, I cry every time I watch it. This show makes me realize my television viewing may be masochistic in nature. Oh dear. It’s too good to stop watching!

~Nice to See you Mel
    ~Darn, I don’t do Netflix, I’ll have to find it in an alternate way.
    ~So, you got GoT?
    ~I’ve never heard of Indian Summers Is it Canadian?
    ~chopped liver?! Ewww.Please don’t. You have Meniere’s. We’re pretty good at getting sick unaided! You don’t need any help from chopped liver.

13. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I’m trying to find where I might watch The Good Fight early seasons? Here in Canada I get the current season on Global, I think. Maybe I’ll have to order DVDs off Amazon.

14. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    My favorite is Grace and Frankie on Netflix. I think most baby boomers can relate to the show. I think it is hilarious! Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin star. I have to wait for the next season until Spring.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I enjoy watching this series as well. Actually, I have just finished the last season and waiting for the next one. Jane Fonda looks amazing!

16. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I’m binge watching the last 2 seasons of Orange is the New Black. Depressing, funny, sad, probably all too true. Grateful im not in prison, or trying to make a new life post-prison! Oh wait... I guess Ménière’s is a type of prison. Maybe that’s why I dig this show so much.

I love the line in the theme song about taking steps is easy, standing still is hard.

Hubby and I also like watching The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Also funny and depressing!

17. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
  18. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Nathan
    Ah! Jaws quotes. A sure sign of awesomeness.