1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What have you continued to enjoy even with Menieres?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Karenplus8, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    Bingo!

Fantastic reply. It's people like you who inspired me when I was at my worst and gave me the incentive to learn more, push through discomfort, and wait it out when the episodes were bad. Like you said, vertigo attacks come and go so when they are gone (or on break) I live to the max.

So glad you posted :)

2. CathyO

CathyO New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    I have not stopped doing anything but some days I don't trust that I can do certain things. I still ride my bike, quilt, go to work, train my dog and do projects around the house. If I am feeling bad that day I take a break from anything that may prove to be dangerous. I have even gone out in my kayak on good days but always with a group for added security. The one thing I have not ventured to do yet is to pull my teardrop camper and go camping. I would be all for the camping part but having a trailer hitched to my car is a scary thought for me since Meniere's came into my life.

3. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    Curious as to if you have ever taken Nortryptyline for the dizziness? As you know from my posts--I'm like you (sort of), in that I still do the things I love to do--but cannot truly enjoy them--though I give it my best shot! This week I asked my primary about taking this drug because about 3 years ago a Neurologist prescribed it--saying my bad symptoms were due to Silent Migraine syndrome and not Meniere's. Some here call it MAV but I don't have the Vertigo anymore. The migraine symptoms are what I have (without the pain), though I do get headaches fairly often, just not 'migraines'. So I didn't take it long those years ago due to side effects. Decided to try again and will get back on the board and let you and others know if it helps the awful 'dizziness--daily' and head pressure. Sure hoping it will.

4. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Mall shopping. I couldn't handle it for the longest time. The lights, colors, people moving around, the sounds, all the busyness. Used to send me into a spin every time. Now I can do it but in small doses and if it's too crowded, I get what I need and get out in a hurry.

5. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Thank you.

I do have bi-lateral menieres.

I continue to do everything I used to do, sometimes at a slower pace. If I over do it, my body tells me.

6. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I prefer the outdoor shopping centres, they seem to be popping up everywhere now.

7. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Me too! Bella, I would avoid the mall like the plague. LOL But I have gone into malls since being on AVs and have done pretty well, now its my sciatica that keeps me from walking too much. But if I had my druthers I would always choose an outdoor shopping center over a mall.

8. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I'm sorry to read about your sciatica on top of Meniere's.
    I find outdoor shopping much more relaxing, as well.

9. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    We went hiking this weekend. I knew the heat and the incline would be a lot so I upped the meclizine, I made it! :)