1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What have you learned about yourself during the pandemic?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by redwing1951, Nov 7, 2020.

1. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Wondering if anyone has learned something new about who they are or what they hope to accomplish in life over the past 8 months?

For myself I have learned to slow down. Not to worry about what needs to be done in a day. I know this is a cliche but "don't sweat the small stuff" comes to mind.

Peace & Love

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Great one, red! I’ve definitely learned I’m much more resilient than I ever thought possible. And this is random, but I hope that someday I can go scuba diving. We all need silly things, not just serious, to look forward to in the future.
    Hope you and family are well, everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. To stock up more on TP

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I have learned that it all doesn’t have to be done today or tomorrow.....and that family is the most important thing in life.

It’s ok to just sit on the porch and listen to the birds and wind blow. I ordered a nook just as this all began and I have read some really great Biographies/Autobiographies.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    My favorites so far are

Steve Jobs book
    Bill O’Reilly....The Killing of Lincoln
    Bill O’Reilly.....The Killing of Christ

6. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Patience I must have patience. Lots of deep breathing. Take in the good air and blowing out the bad.

7. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    There were things that I "couldn't" do because of Covid, that I was relieved to not have to do. So why engage in them now that I "can"?
    There were things that I really missed/miss - the pandemic has clarified some of my values.

• Like Like x 1