1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What have you learned today?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bittersweetvenom, Aug 26, 2015.

1. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    eBay. Get some of it back.

2. Woolwine is real

3. Good old Mr Wade really is a genius

4. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Anxiety plays so much more of a role in my symptoms than I thought. Yesterday, the sun was out and I got outside in the yard for several hours. It was almost like there was nothing wrong...almost. Just being able to get a different mindset made so much of a difference.

5. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    True. The mind matters. An offshoot of what you said is to try and have something to look forward to. I got that from the book Mind Over Meniere's. Which is similar to hope, or "seeing light at the end of the tunnel." When I started considering a laby, and also, when my caloric test gave me insight into why I'm still dizzy, (i.e. another VNS would solve it). My mood and my dizziness have been better. Still up and down, but it seems better.

6. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Glad you are feeling better. Today was a polar opposite from last Saturday. Was in the yard again all day, perfect 65 degrees and breezy. Moved about 50 forty pound bags of gravel and made that patio area my wife has wanted for a couple years.

The light at the end of the tunnel analogy is good. But I’ve been riding these waves so long I can’t help but feel nervous when I’m on top, because the wave always breaks. I guess I should enjoy the flow and survive the ebb.

7. A pig is on the run

8. Who let the dog out

9. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    That LenseCrafters has a lot of nerve asking $425 for lenses. I got up and left. I went in there with boots that were specifically made for walkin', and I used them.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    That is robbery, Pupper. Good thing you wore your walkin' boots and I'm glad you used them!

11. Damn! Glad you walked.

12. Make sure the canopy is tied down tight on a windy day.

13. 30+ peeps coming in for festival

14. DL Bach

DL Bach Member

May 18, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    That I am not worth anyone's time or effort.

15. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    That David Bowie's different eyes were not caused by genetics or disease, like he used to say, but from an injury.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/01/14/the_story_behind_david_bowie_s_unusual_eyes.html

16. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I beg to differ.

17. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    plim rhymes with plam

18. Shoe show was horrible

19. DL Bach

DL Bach Member

May 18, 2014