1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What's on your mind?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bittersweetvenom, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Sorry to hear you are suffering, Autumn! Menieres is bad enough to deal with but trying to function and run your household with a migraine is awful.

I hope you’re better by now.

2. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Slang for sleep.

3. Thanks, Vixen. Doing much better now! Hope you’re having a good weekend!

In honor of the good days we get to have:

https://youtu.be/co6WMzDOh1o

4. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    That was terrific, Autumn

Here’s one from an older perspective.

https://youtu.be/OmBxVfQTuvI

5. I LOVED that!! I’ve never heard of Dinah Washington until now. That’s right up my alley! I LOVE the big band era. I’m just usually in the minority on that one...Lol

6. I went horseback riding. Yesterday a few of us got together and rode our bikes down MI trail. Always enjoy that ride.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gracie

Gracie Active Member

May 13, 2014
    Plan s on beating my cousin on the next game ,

8. James?

Good luck with that

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. 1 pill 24 hrs

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Trigger warning: objectification of the male body by the female gaze.

'The Naiad' by John William Waterhouse, 1893.

Fortunately it's in a private collection, so need not be removed from a museum's wall to spare the delicate sensibilities of today's viewers.

11. A very special someone being laid to rest

• Like Like x 1
  12. The mist

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Wondering what percentage of married couples regret having married their spouse. And how the percentages change at various timelines, e.g. 5, 10, 20, 30 years of marriage. I'll have to see if there's a poll out there. It'd have to be a very anonymous poll since people would be afraid there answer would be discovered by spouse. And as with any poll, answers are often untruthful, because of self censoring (both conscious and unconscious) due to societal morals/pressure. Especially when the polls have people speaking their answers to a real person.

Trying to avoid political news because it gets me down. Wish I could go to sleep and have someone wake me when we've finally figured out our differences, and agreed on a definition of Justice. I figure I'll be sleeping for a while.

I feel very down today. I'm going to try and exercise since Nathan reminded us that it's literally like taking a drug to combat the blues. Releasing pleasant chemicals and what not.

Spirit of the rising sun
    Lift me up

-U2

14. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    100% on at least one day, i am sure. But on the other days, it is a partnership. You dont get up every day saying ‘could i have done better’, you get up and work on your projects whether they are kids, business, travel, building a relationship and you let your mind dwell on how lucky you are to have the life and a partner to travel with. You gotta wanna.

15. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Good advice. And the "you gotta wanna" phrase is good.

I'd still like to know where married couples the world over come out on that question though. Without ANY other considerations. Just their gut feeling. DO YOU REGRET MARRYING KEITH. YES or NO.

Again, societal expectation will bias peoples' answers. And no one likes to admit they'd been wrong on the big issues, i.e. screwed up their life.

The chances of honest answers would be even worse on a "do you like your kids" poll. Provided Responses: YES - 95%. Real Responses: YES - 15%.

16. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    ‘Do you like your kids? ‘ lol. I still think it doesnt work like that. Your question implies people know what the alternative would have been or what they really want out of life or what they ‘could’ have had. I dont think they do or can except in a pretend world. But maybe everyone but me does.

17. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I'm not asking them to be accurate. I just want their feeling. Like asking who's better The Beatles or The Stones? You figure every married person has already thought of the what if's. They'll either respond, "all-in-all...yeah" or "all in all, no".

18. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    I Don’t regret it, the marriage or the kids. In fact, it’s days like yesterday and today that really help to cement that notion. To sound overly cliche, we’re all in this together. I know for a fact I’d likely not be a living soul we’re it not for my wife. I’m just too self destructive and have no self control. Simple as that. If I had a run like the last few days as a single guy, that bottle of diazepam would have gotten a few serious stares.

This also begs the question “what does she see in me?”

19. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Beatles are better than the Stones.

After 45+ years of marriage I do not regret marrying my spouse. There are times he tries my patience as I do to him. No regrets. All in all way more good than bad.

I love my sons unconditionally. There are times I haven’t liked their choices, but they are terrific husbands and dads. I am proud of them. There are times they have and rarely now tried my patience.

20. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    No I don't regret marrying my spouse. Yes I love my children.