1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What's on your mind?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bittersweetvenom, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Where’s Spring?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Mbug, was it something about the doctor visit that made you so anxious or you were that way anyway?

Yeah you're having a bad time alright.

3. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    I had no reason to fear it. My new heart is doing excellent. It’s just something about crowds of people and places outside of my immediate comfort zone.

4. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Good news, bad news. I was supposed to return to work on Monday. That said, I knew it would be tough as I hadn’t had much luck recently even going in public places for very long. Crazy strong reactions of visual stimuli. But I tried anyways. I made it as far as the door and launched into a full on panic attack that quickly upgraded to vertigo right there on the sidewalk. There was hyperventilation, palpitations, numb hands, the whole nine. So needless to say I haven’t returned to work.

I am addicted to Valium and my 50% taper caught up with me after about a week. The bright side is I’ve been able to get my leave extended (again) and I’m going to see my PC about the anxiety next week. I also got an appointment for a hearing test, vestibular testing and a visit with an actual MD for once, all at a nationally recognized medical center. The doc seems pretty legit from the bio. Only issue, the appointments aren’t until a month from now.

5. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Mbug,

That's quite a story about almost making it into work. Man...

Great about the testing. Yep, no MM related appointment seems to happen in under a month.

I don't know what to make about your anxiety. I've spoken to people about their panic attacks. I'll ask what brings it on and they kinda get chipy about it. Like, "I don't know!". As if I asked an odd question. My gf used to get them, but her meds took them away. Poor humans.

I saw your photo page. Really fantastic. Trains are cool. I've got a big pic of impressionistic train in my lounge.

So, you've had a total of 3 hearts in you? Including the present one? How has this not registered with me until now?

The idea to take photos of albums by your record player is odd, in a good way. Loved Steely Dan's "Katy Lied" in college. My roommate had it on cassette and I played the heck out of it. "You wear that white tuxedo, how you gonna beat the heat?" I've never seen that album without the typical old record-wear-thru-circle on the cover. Just like yours. I'm starting to think they designed the album cover that way.

6. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Pup,

It’s hard to say with the anxiety. I’ve never really had it before this last year. Even with all the hospital stays and stuff, I was nervous sure, but I’ve never experienced the “full stop” anxiety and panic attacks like I have recently. There are a lot of triggers at work, between the shootings and people asking about my health and me awkwardly trying to explain MM, etc. my appointment with the GP is later today so there’s that.

3 total hearts, yes. I know, I don’t believe it sometimes.

Glad you like the photos. I always wanted to make it a career, but in this county it’s downright impossible to own you own business and get insurance to cover someone such as myself. So frustrating, to know your passion but not be able to make it anything more than a hobby.

The vinyl scene is huge on IG. There are people who take their albums out in the field and photograph them. Also people who make elaborate costumes themed to the record. Katy Lied is a classic. I think the records are all worn out because everyone played the hell out of them!

7. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    It's great to hear you're getting your medical team in place. I hope your GP visit was helpful.

8. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks Clare. My GP put me on a SSRI today for my anxiety. Kind of saw that one coming. I took Zoloft way back in the day and I hated the side effects. But I guess I need to get this constant chest pressure and unwarranted fear under control first. She was able to extend my leave until I see the new Oto team next month. Until then, I’ll enjoy my time at home with the kids.

9. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Excellent plan!

I'm in waiting mode for my next ENT visit too -- 3 weeks away seems like forever for those of us who are prone to anxiety. I received the audiologist's report from last Friday's testing (VNG and rotary chair), and can't say I understand much from it. Lots of abnormals (abnormally low gain; abnormal symmetry; overall abnormal chair test; plus weird vng results because of the healing eardrum) but I'm not sure which are new abnormals to me. It's just this recent phase of vertigo spells -- still multiple per week -- has been stronger and longer than ever before. I've been dealing with this disease since 2001 and feel like I should be owed a nice comfy 'burn-out' status without anymore vertigo. I left a message for the oto-nurse to just let me know if there's anything that suggests something other than "typical" unilateral Meniere's going on. If there is, I want to be able to research the condition ahead of seeing the doctor so that we can have a comprehensive discussion about it and I know what questions to ask.

10. Wishing I had stayed longer

11. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Aktuallllyyyyyy, it's the records that AREN'T played much that are more prone to the wear ring around the cover.

Sorry, that's my contribution to life for today. You're welcome.

12. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Huh. I would have thought it was the repeated removal and replacement of the album between the others.

13. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Just brings a smile to your face.

(Or how I'll feel every single day after I finally have a successful surgery.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLLk0YFcuFk

14. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Ha! This made my day.

15. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Right? Perfect cars for that guy too, a Mustang and a Charger. Not like some quiet economy cars. Before he won the second car Drew quipped sarcastically, "like you need another car." Funny. AND he gets the scooter. Dude walked away with 3 motor vehicles.

16. Finally some sunshine

17. Hectic day tomorrow

18. Sarah

19. Gracie

Gracie Active Member

May 13, 2014
    just how good I am feeling after surgery,

20. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    What surgery did you have and when?