1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

You may not want to fall asleep in Poland

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bulldogs, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Because you may just wake up in a funeral home.

updated 6:58 PM EST 11.14.14
    Declared dead, woman wakes up in funeral home
    By Ralph Ellis, CNN
    SHARE THIS
    Polish woman wakes up at funeral home
    A A A (resize font)
    (CNN) - Never underestimate the healing power of a good nap.

A 91-year-old woman in Poland was declared dead November 6 and sent to a funeral home, only to wake up 11 hours later in cold storage, CNN's Polish affiliate TVN reported. Now she's home and doing fine.

The doctor went to the home of Janina Kolkiewicz in the town of Ostrow Lubelski on November 6 after her family said she'd stopped breathing, TVN reported.

"I checked the pulse on the forearm artery, carotid artery also," the doctor told TVN. "I listened to the heart, to the breathing. I also examined the pupils. There were no reflexes. Typical symptoms of death."

The doctor signed the death certificate, and Kolkiewicz's family began planning services, according to TVN.

Then the funeral home called.

Authorities are trying to find out what happened.

"We are investigating whether the doctor exposed the woman to imminent danger of loss of life, as the lady was moved to a funeral home and kept in cold storage," Beata Syk-Jankowska, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office in Lublin, told TVN.

2. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Ever have that happen to you?

3. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    That is insane!