1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

you may want to read this...this is where its all headed!! Immune therapy

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bulldogs, Jun 10, 2016.

1. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

LOL!!

2. imback

imback Member

Aug 8, 2014
    I thought Gasek.s study did claim 90% success rate on anti virals. If I find the lights k.I will.post it. Good.health to.all.

3. hurricaneone

hurricaneone Member

May 20, 2014
    You know we as human beings tend to react a certain way if we are getting better and a certain way if we are worse . When I was taking all those gent shots I actually reported that I was cured. Only thing was the menieres kept coming back , so I was not cured . I did take the JOH early on in my fight with menieres and I could not tell any difference which I did report . I also had the NUCCA treatment and yes I thought this is it , but it turns out not to be the cure I was so excited about . When I had shunt surgery I told some people this is it I am better , but I was wrong again , so finally I got feed up with all the drop attacks , fullness , hyperacussis , ear noise , dizziness , vertigo , depression ect and had the Laby . Now nearly 6 years after the surgery I can tell anyone who will listen , the Laby really works . The JOH , shunt , nucca and yes several rounds of AVs just simply did not work for me , they just cost me valuable time .

4. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    The problem is that for bilateral Menieres Labyrinth is not an option.

5. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Bea it is an option. My OTO, Dr. Stephen Roach at Mass Eye and Ear, assured me that I would never have to live in a world of silence if I needed a double laby. He left the cochlear and if need be I can have a cochlear implant. So if one has bilateral mm there still is a way out of the misery.

I also agree with Hurricane. It is hard to tell if all the alternatives to a laby are working or if you are in remission. I was in remission for over 3 years before my mm took me down. I had actually forgotten that I had mm. When it raised it's ugly head I tried JOH, although I probably didn't give his regime a fair chance as I was so sick. I tried a gent shot that gave me 8 months of relief and then I had the laby. I was done wasting my life on trying to find a cure when there is none. The laby allows me to live a normal life without the fear of drop attacks and vertigo. My life is free of anti-virals and supplements. Is laby the cure? No it is not because I still have mm. What it does is allow me peace of mind. If I do get mm in my good ear and I start in with vertigo and drops I will have another laby along with a cochler implant. Not for everyone but there are folks who use to come to this sight who have done exactly that.

6. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    That's great that the laby worked for you. I would prefer to use that as a last option. I'm symptom free now and living a completely normal life. I only have to take one pill every morning, and I have completely normal hearing and balance.

7. littlebird

littlebird New Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Scott Tom, why are you so aggressive in pushing the antiviral option? In this thread and in my poll thread. You're outright aggressive to people who didn't experience results from the treatment and jump on anyone who is even slightly skeptical. It's rude.

8. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Obviously, when someone attacks antivirals and claims they don't work, but offers no scientific evidence of those claims, i'm going to respond. It's interesting that you only see aggression from one side.

9. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Scott, the laby was the last option for me and most likely for everyone who ended up having one. There is no one that I know of nor a doctor that I know of who would perform a laby as a first option. And if there is a physician out there who wants to do a laby without trying alternatives I would suggest you get as far away from him/her as possible.

I am happy the anti-virals have worked for you and I hope they continue throughout your life with mm. Best of luck.

10. littlebird

littlebird New Member

Jan 22, 2015
    :/ I've never said they don't work, only that I am skeptical. I have a right to be skeptical, as controversial as this might be to you.

11. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I wasn't referring to you. Since i've said nothing "aggressive" to you, i assumed you meant my post to Bulldogs.

I read through the other thread as well. I don't see anywhere where i was even remotely aggressive. Please keep in mind that this is a message board, and it's impossible to convey communication very well without non-verbal cues.

My only goal is to help others. I'm completely symptom-free. The easiest thing for me to do would be to leave the board and have a happy life. But i figured it was worth sticking around to see if i could help anyone else.

12. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

I've personally appreciate all the advice and input I've gotten from everyone here. There are so many different things that have worked for different people and I like that all those options are explored here and talked about so that we can all make our own decision about what course of action we want to pursue. So, I'd like to thank everyone here for all the advice and support I've been given. Thank you Scott Tom for sticking around and providing support to those of us that don't yet have the success you've had and to all the other people here that have done the same. It is very difficult at times to interpret written words here as to what context they are meant in. I value all of your opinions and advice as it has helped me greatly over the past few months, even the advice of things that I chose not to do. So...Thank you!

13. imback

imback Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Scott that is nice of you and others. JOH has been symptom free for years too and continues to try and help lose. Since it is such a savage disease helping people with it is huge for.them.

14. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Don't argue. The thread will get deleted and it's an important thread.
    Just agree to disagree.

15. Glynis K

Glynis K New Member

May 1, 2016
    i have convinced my Doctor to prescribe Antivirals for me. I called Dr. Gacek's office and his staff was kind enough to pass along his treatment plan to me and my treating physician.

Maybe i am overly optimistic but i will do anything to find relief.

16. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I really hope it works out for you. Good Luck!! Keep us posted.

17. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I hope it works! Be sure to tell us what brand and dosage you are taking. Check the threads here to see which brand generics are most effective. Don't panic if you don't get immediate results. Lots of folks here had to take it for months at the max dose before getting relief.