1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Your lab results

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by PapaJoe, Nov 7, 2014.

1. PapaJoe

PapaJoe Member

Jun 11, 2014
    I'm just curious how many of you have regular lab exams, and whether you have elevated values for

CRP (C-Reactive Protein) - There are two types, regular and cardiac, either will do.

SED (Sedimentation rate)

Uric Acid

2. Halos

Halos Member

May 21, 2014
    Papajoe

Did your CRP return to normal with dietary changes and medication? I was reading through some of your previous posts and was curious what antibiotic and anti fungal you took?

I recently had a physical and asked for some blood work and I also had an elevated C-Reactive Protein as well as some issues with my T-Cell and cytokines activity according to my results which would point towards some type of fungus or bacteria infection.

Trisha

3. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Mine are normal.

4. PapaJoe

PapaJoe Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Thanks June.

Trisha, elevated CRP values is usually a sign of inflammation in the body (often an infection).

Mine have not returned to normal (yet) because I'm still dealing with 10-20 years of infections with dental and gut toxins stored away in my body fat. When I lose weight, my inflammation markers rise. When I stop losing weight, they go back down.

Over the course of a year I took nystatin (non-systemic antifungal), *conizone (systemic antifungal) and metronidazole (anti-bacterial/anti-amoebic) because my doctor and I had determined that my gut flora was out of whack (because I had food intolerance). We coupled that with a healthier diet, L-glutamine to help heal the gut, and lots of probiotics.

Hope this helps,
    Joe

5. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Sounds like you are on the right track now PapaJoe. Keep taking those probiotics and drink lots of water.

By the way did you used to be pianojoe?

6. PapaJoe

PapaJoe Member

Jun 11, 2014
    No, just PapaJoe :)

I used to be guitar Joe, but I'm mostly drummer Joe these days, though I've also been bass Joe recently, and hope to learn to be piano Joe over the winter :p