1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Zyrtec (cetirizine) a trigger?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by enjoy, Aug 10, 2015.

1. enjoy

enjoy Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ever since I last had a long good chat with a member here in June, due to the hot humid weather here, i was having some nose issues here and took cetirizine a few times in June and July. They works well for my nose... but after a few days later, i seem to have some mid-full range of attacks coming? Anyone affected by this? What other good natural alternatives works well for you?

2. vitolony

vitolony Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I stopped taking zyrtec a couple weeks ago, stopped taking allergy shots too a couple months ago, and my nose and sinuses have not felt this good in a long time. I still sneeze from time to time, but the water works have been shut off. You might not like my suggestion though. Frequent cannabis use. It can result, for some people, in far better control of allergy symptoms than anything medical science can do for you. God's medicine. :) If you have ever used it, it results in dry mouth, right? Which makes you thirsty and want to drink some water. But it also dries out your sinuses. Pity I didn't start using it a decade ago. I could have saved myself a lot of misery and pain. It's also very good medicine for Meniere's disease, for both attack control and mitigating the cause of the disease(according to some research).

3. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    I use Flonase and Astepro. Both work better for my nose issues. Prior to those I would take Sudafed and IMO the Sudafed made the Meniere's attacks more frequent...

4. vitolony

vitolony Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I had a vertigo attack once, at a time I normally wouldn't have had an attack. The ONLY thing I did differently that day, was take a Sudafed before I went to work. They were definitely problematic for me.