A Successful New Approach to Meniere's Disease -- Official John of Ohio regimen

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by solari, May 20, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

does taking a diuretic damage JOH ?

2. Ekstrand

Ekstrand New Member

Hi John or anyone

Would it be okay to order the three first ones from nutritin express or is there a reason that you order some of them from the vitamineshoppe.

I am going to order it from Sweden so I save one shippment cost if i do.

Regards

Fredrik

3. songbird

songbird New Member

No reason not to go with nutrution express if they can give you the same as Vitamin Shoppe. Go for it and let us know how you do!

Songbird.

4. JimIllinois

JimIllinois New Member

Sirlanc -

I hope not. I take them both (JOH and Dyazide), but it's only been a few months, so I can't make any claims yet.

No problems during that time, though.

5. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

No conflict. You can take both a diruetic and all of my regimen at the same time.

--John of Ohio

6. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

John, what effect (if any) does taking doxycycline have on either Meniere's symptoms or your regimen?

I skipped several days of the regimen due to upset stomach from the doxycycline (which, although the instructions say to take on an empty stomach, I have to take it with food or everything comes back up; even with food, I feel awfully queasy, though it's getting a little better). I also stopped swimming (due to stupid possible-Lyme-rash) and running (due to pulled muscle in calf, hopefully unrelated to anything else).

I have a return of mild, intermittent tinnitus, and the merest hint of dizziness. I'm assuming it's due to a combination of introducing an antibiotic that my body obviously doesn't like, and going off the supplements cold turkey, but who knows?

I am back on your regimen and walking (can't wait to start running and swimming again, I am MISERABLE when I can't exercise).

It's hard to find a time when my tummy is empty for the Lysine, except for first thing in the morning--I have to keep nibbling all day to keep the nausea at bay. It feels almost like being pregnant--except, instead of looking forward to an adorable baby, I am looking forward to BEING OFF THIS STUPID ANTIBIOTIC.

Sorry--I'm a wee bit testy today....

7. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

I can't see that the doxy would have any effects on the regimen, or vise versa. You could check with a pharmacist, but few of these people know anything about vinpocetine, lemon bioflavonoid, or many of the other components of the regimen. Most are equivalent to food components, and you haven't been required to change your diet.

--John of Ohio

8. Julie

Julie New Member

"Hank: the special on "W5" is a program on Canadian TV. It's an investigative journalism program that is highly regarded North of the border. I believe it's on CTV. So if you get satellite, you might be able to find it. The study about the MS being caused by vascular blockages was written up in the Toronto Globe and Mail - an Italian doctor researching to find a cure for his wife's MS. It was in Saturday's Globe. I am short of time at the moment, or I would give you the link. I scanned the article, but it seems that the doctor has discovered that unblocking certain vascular parts of the body presents the build of iron in the brain. Which, interestingly enough, is what Vitamin D is credited in doing and is hailed as a prevention for MS as well as many other diseases.

Canada has the highest incidence of MS in the world. Half the population knows someone with the disease.It effects more than three women for every man. The Italian doctor, Paolo Zamboni, has shown MSto be a vascular condition contrary to common believe. It's not an auto-immune disease, he found, but a vascular disease. So, google the doctor'sname or the Globe and Mail. You can read the article there. " quote from Songbird

This may be of interest to you John.....It supports some of the things you use to increase blood cirulation in the brain....Ashton Embry speaks especially on this.

Julie

9. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Julie,

I won't discount an ischemic (blocked circulation) factor for MS. But I will concur that there is very, very strong evidence that vitamin D deficiency is either a direct cause or facilitating factor in most, if not all, cases of multiple sclerosis.

Here in North America Canadians have significantly higher rates of MS than Americans. And Mexicans have lower rates than than those of us in the US. In Great Britain, the Scots have the highest rates of MS.

In every part of the world increased latitude increases MS rates. MS is uncommon in tropical parts of the world. The only factor in all of this is photosynthesized vitamin D in human skin in sunny periods of the day. At northern latitudes, the sun simply never rises high enough in the sky for much of the year so as to provide sufficient UV-B rays to allow the skin to make vitamin D. A Canadian or Scot could sit out naked (and very cold) in all but the middle of the summer and never be able to create therapeutic levels of vitamin D.

There is an abundance of data and experiences showing that sufficient vitamin D supplementation, usually 4000 to 6000 IUs per day, prevents or stops multiple sclerosis (at least in early cases).

--John of Ohio

10. Julie

Julie New Member

11. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Songbird wrote the original text of that post over on my thread. I don't know how it got over here under your name Julie. That's wierd.

12. Julie

Julie New Member

It's all ok Hank,

I'm still learning my way around the internet. I think I was trying to copy and paste a quote, didn't think it had worked and then when I saw the post, I didn't recognise it as mine! Very embarassing ::)

Julie

13. Julie

Julie New Member

Not so smart, eh! :D

Julie

14. sidikosman

sidikosman New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am a newbie and I am very happy I found this forum. Have been having Menieres since 2006. I am on high dosage of Betaserc sometims 24 mg 3 times a day, and it does give relief on frequency of attacks. Although lately i been having momentary vertigo while getting up from bed or looking down. The question I have is, can i combine betaserc with vertigoheel as recommended by John of Ohio regiment. Will there be any compatibility or interaction problem with these 2 drugs. Appreciate very much any help.

15. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Sididosman,

No, there is no problem with combining Serc therapy with my regimen. A number of people have combined these without difficulty.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

--John of Ohio

16. JF2740

JF2740 New Member

1) If herpes is the culprit for MM (I am not saying it isn't- I believe it is!), then why do you think MM is not contagious?

2) Since I have not shown the classical symptoms of MM, but may move towards that, what would you think of taking all the vitamins WITHOUT the anti-herpes medication, and seeing how the vitamins alone work in my system to alleviate my problems? If this works, then perhaps it was a nutrition problem and not MM?

17. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

JF,

First, there now is overwhelming clinical evidence (a large number of published papers) showing the presence of herpes viruses in the vast majority of those tested with MM.

But there still is no good explanation (I don't have one) as to how and why certain herpes viruses get embedded in inner ear or aural nerve tissues, begin to replicate, and thereby cause all the symptoms of MM. Importantly, as it relates to any putative contagiousness, it must be noted that the virus almost always grows in only one inner ear, not bilaterally. If this contagion has a tough time infecting both ears at the same time in the same person, it clearly is not very contagious to other people.

And there are very few cases of shared MM in families or prisons, schools, or other social arrangements where contagious diseases are commonly spread and shared. Contagiousness is simply not a factor of concern with MM.

Trying to suppress early-stage symptoms without taking lysine, the antiherpetic agent in my regimen, while taking most of the others, might work. The vitamins C and E and the beta glucans do support good immune function, and that might be enough to suppress herpes viral replication. But the better approach, I think, would be to stop herpes replication by the lysine, which is very direct in being a molecular wrench tossed into the replication gears of the virus.

--John of Ohio

18. JF2740

JF2740 New Member

What I meant was:

If I have some other affliction of the ear that is causing fullness, and very mild dizziness and balance problems, would the vitamins possibly help in that arena even if it is not herpes virus?

19. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

JF,

The vasodilators of the regimen, the lemon bioflavonoids, vinpocetine, and ginkgo extract, along with the vitamins C and E can certainly help tip things in the right direction.

--John of Ohio

20. Skiqueen25

Skiqueen25 New Member

I'm going to be trying this regimen.. Was able to afford the Lemon Bioflavonoids and Vinpocetine and am searching for the Vertigo Heel.. to start, if I can see some improvement maybe I can get assistance getting the rest of the supplements. I'm willing to try anything to get some relief.