Baby, Dogs and a few other fun things to look at

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Rachel :), Sep 27, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Rachel :)

Rachel :) New Member

Ok, at the request on Andrea and Maggie, here are some updated pics of my neice. Since the forum is just starting to fill back up, I thought I would throw in a few extra pictures for you guys to look at too.

[​IMG]
    My niece catching bubbles in the tub.

[​IMG]
    Elena doing her favorite thing; riding in the car.

[​IMG]
    Waylon and his girlfriend, Audrey.

[​IMG]
    Waylon and Audrey taking a bath together. You don't wanna know why the water is purple.

[​IMG]
    Waylon trying to buy his way out of the tub with pity. Go ahead, Richard, comment on his eye!! I know you want to!

[​IMG]
    Me with Matt at the Grove Park Inn. So beautiful there.

Alright, thats it for now guys. Hope you enjoyed :)

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hi Rachel..............great pics!!! Thanks.

3. dizzynana

dizzynana New Member

Wow Rachel, Waylon really has the "pitiful" look downpat, doesn't he?? :D :D

Lynn

4. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

I want to know why the water is purple. Waylon looks a tad purple too in the next picture!

;)

5. Rachel :)

Lol Andrea, If you must know ;D ....... The other day Matt picked up some kind of effervescant foot scrub stuff at the dollar store. Waylon knocked it into the tub during an escape attempt, and to our suprise, not only did it fizz, but it turned the water purple. Audrey came out OK, but Waylon's tummy still has a purple hue.

6. burd

burd New Member

Thanks for sharing!
    That neice is just too cute to believe!
    And I too did need to know the purple water explanation, so I'm glad you included it.

7. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

Great photos! Thank you for sharing. Boy has Waylon got the "pity me" look down perfectly.

8. dedion

dedion New Member

Cute baby and doggies!

So when were you at the Grove Park Inn? Are you in NC? A bunch of us MMers met there last year - hubby and I were there for our 5th anniversary. Asheville is an exceptionally beautiful place!

9. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

All are adorable Rachel!!
    Hey what happened to the half peke/half shih tzu??

Good to see you back!
    Hugs,
    Di

10. Rachel :)

Dedion,

I was just at the Grove Park last Friday. They openned a new piano bar there and it's so much fun. Matt and I went out with a bunch of old college friends and I had the best time that I have had in a long while. I live just south of Asheville, in Hendersonville. I think that the Asheville get together was about 6 months before I joined the forum. I hate that i missed it!! Do you live in NC?

Dianna,

I knew that you would ask about Eugene. Matt and I have these friends, a couple, Katie and Jonathan. They just completely fell in love with Eugene. After a month or so here, it became pretty clear that Eugene needed to be in a one dog household. He didnt like to play at all, and I think that he needed more attention than Matt and I could give, given the fact that Waylon eats up most of the attention around here. It ended up working out really well, since Katie and Jonathan were head -over-heels in love with him, they were more than happy to welcome him into their home. They have no other pets and a lot of time and love to give Eugene. He was such a sweet heart, I truly hated to see him go, but it was what was best for him. He is thriving with Katie and Jonathan, doing much better on the basics of puppy training (going potty outside, sit, etc.). The best part of it is that we still see him often when we visit their house on weekends. It's too bad that we couldnt keep him, but I know that he is in a wonderful home with his new owners.

And then there was Stuart, for those of you that we wondering what ever happenned to him. He was the yellow lab that we got after Eugene left. You'll remember, Stuart turned out to be deaf, Matt and I had a huge fight about it, blah blah blah. Anyway, I felt bad about keeping him here out of my own stubbornness about not wanting to give him up. He is now with Matt's brother, Lex. Lex is home a lot and has a friend who is a veterinarian and lives VERY close by. She offered to help Lex with the special things that are onvolved in training a deaf dog. I would have kept the dog myself and let her help me with the training, but she is located pretty far away from here in SC where Lex lives. Like Eugene, it totally broke my heart to have to give him up, but this was a better opportunity for him somewhere else and it would have been unfair to him for us to keep him. He is very happy with Lex, Lex takes him EVERYWHERE. I really think that this dog has lucked out.

As for Audrey, she is a very new addition. Her owner recently died of cancer and she needed a new home. Matt and I met her, spent some time with her alone, and fell in love. Her temperment is a lot like Agnes, the dog we lost back in June. Waylon is VERY happy with her. They were fast friends and spend ALL of their time together. She is his new partner in crime, or unwilling accomplice, whichever you choose :)

Anyway, I know all of this dog shuffling probably sounds insane. I know it feels that way. I think that we have finally found a match with Audrey. Finally a situation that is good for all of the parties involved, and I hope that she is with us for many years to come.

Ok, Sorry, I get to rambling when I talk about the dogs. Thanks to everyone for the comments on the pics. :)

11. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

Awwww Rachel they are all gorgeous

Elena has grown a lot and has the most beautiful eyes...the sort that make you melt :)

Waylon is a character and sure does the that pity look well ;D I'm not sure who is the best, him or my Lily ;D she gets that look as well...OK since Richard hasn't replied I have to ask...what's with the eye ::)

Audrey looks like a sweetie too and it is so good that they get along so well

Thanks for the pics and you can ramble on about dogs all you want...I love to hear about them ;D ;D

Maggie

12. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Waylon looks miserable. What is it with JRTs and taking a bath? All I ahve to do is grab a towel and Piper tucks her tail and zips under the futon. Rachel, thanks for the slice of your life.
    Paul

13. Rachel :)

Maggie,

For some reason, the camera makes Waylon's eyes look really funny. It must be something to do with the flash, in real life they look totally normal. Go figure.

Paul,

I didnt know that you had a Jack!! Aren't they wonderful? I wanna see a pic.

Thanks for all of the comments guys!

14. Bergie

Bergie New Member

I am such a sucker for that pity look..awwwwww!!!

The baby is gorgeous and growing like a tree!!!