Casual Conversation

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Nov 7, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

I'm smrt. I'm not dum like they say.

2. survivedit

survivedit New Member

I loved that movie.

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

What Movie?

4. survivedit

survivedit New Member

O Brother, Where Art Thou

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Great Movie, reminds me of my Twin Sons! LOL

Great Musical score, too.

Epic Flick!

6. Michael

Michael New Member

"Maybe Maybe Michael is somewhat intelligent"

I'm as dumb as a shoebox of wet mice

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

There you are! Another one of us left behind crowd.

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Well I'm a smart ass - how's that for intelligence?

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

It takes a very intelligent person to pull off Sarcasm, ;D, you go girl! LOL

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

What is intelligence? How do you determine if one is intelligent? I seem to get so many different answers to these questions. I wonder if there is an answer that is generally universal.

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

maybe Universally, Generally

12. survivedit

survivedit New Member

I've often wondered the same thing.

13. Michael

Michael New Member

I bet that it will eventually be shown as more brain activity happening in the frontal cortex and an amygdala bigger and stronger than a hippocampus. More deep brain functions than "fight or flight"

14. JMsScottie1

JMsScottie1 New Member

"I bet that it will eventually be shown as more brain activity happening in the frontal cortex and an amygdala bigger and stronger than a hippocampus. More deep brain functions than "fight or flight" "

Sounds pretty damn intelligent to me!!

15. JMsScottie1

JMsScottie1 New Member

Way above this little country boy's head

16. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

I like to teach reading. when I had a young male student a long time ago my mother suggested 20000 leagues under the sea.
    great book(s): craig childs esp the secret knowledge of water. these are non-fiction, he's a walker, an anthropologist, archeologist, geologist. he walks in deserts. & climbes. sometimes with various companions.

17. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Well said & I would have to agree. Makes you wonder what would happen if we evolved beyond fight or flight. I think if this is ever perfected, we, or our intelligence will be more so conscious energy, or entity, rather than processes occurring within a physically organ.

Which will be handy, because if we lose our concentration while "experiencing" that falling bolder directly above us, or that violent drunks hand colliding with our nose, with our physical mind without fighting or flying from it, to subsequently absorb it, we may receive one hell of a head ache *laffs

As will fight or flight ever be avoidable while our intelligence exists within a physical structure?

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

We need the f or f mechanism to continue surviving as a species. It's only when it goes awry that it causes damage.

19. Nathan

Nathan New Member

You know what would be great? A philosophy thread!

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

LMAO! I tried that some years ago and was shot with poisonous arrows. Apparently, it was too "intellectual" and we're not allowed to be smart on this forum. It's unattractive :D