Casual Conversation

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Nov 7, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I am so excited! I just found out that you can borrow books from libraries and other places on the Kindle. Go to overdrive.com and see if your public library/university library is part of this system.

I got the Kindle last Christmas as a gift from my ex-husband and it's been really, really nice. I am looking forward to borrowing books for it.

We'e big patrons of our local libraries. I can't remember the last time I bought a book. If I do, it is generally non fiction.

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

How is the book coming along?

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/19/education/mit-expands-free-online-courses-offering-certificates.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've lost till it's gone..

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Intrepid, there's a Song for that feeling. Find it and listen to it.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I was just listening to it and thinking of how we've managed to botch up our environment.

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Who is, "we've", ? your ex?

8. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Awesome

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Human beings everywhere.

Maybe you don't understand the Joni Mitchell song.

10. Nathan

Nathan New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63epzfoFNkk

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Sorry Nathan. I prefer my Joni Mitchell or the Counting Crows' version. JJ gets on my last nerve.

12. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Awwwwww, Intrepid, did you mean me? ::)

13. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

He posted a vid by Janet Jackson. That's what I was referring to.

14. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

"I" was replying to this......I can see how confusing this can be, is that because of brain fog?

15. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Honestly, Gina, it is confusing only if you don't quote a post when you reply. It has nothing to do with brain fog :D

When you wrote about a ex or whatever, I corrected you by saying no, I mean human beings everywhere. The song by Joni Mitchell is about destroying natural habitats in the environment to put up hotels, strip malls, paved roads.

It's a song about the environment, not lost love.

16. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I was "responding" to this, I live with Emotion, remember,Sarita?............ :eek:

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

;D

18. Nathan

Nathan New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlNZN94_u-s

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

It's not always about me, is it.....

For a minute, Sarita, I thought you were obsessed with me! Sorry, my bad..............

Nathan, now ThaT song, would have given me a clue! ! ! lol

I love this song, they just did that very thing down the street from from me, sigh, they cut down some woods and put in an extra parking lot for shop-rite employees.....Toms River isn't what it used to be, but then, nothing stays the same forever.

20. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Geez... I'm a really nasty thinking person