Casual Conversation

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Nov 7, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

:D

I will resolve my curiosity, of course. I have no interest in changing my protocol. It is working magic for me. I have recovered to near normal hearing long term (knock on wood) and stopped the march towards tulios and vertigo which had begun. I am one of the lucky ones. I just like to stay current with the state of the art, like to keep learning. I never met a bit of information i didn't like. Since i see a couple of the top doctors in this field and they always take time to answer my questions, i have the perfect opportunity to learn what this is all about and get the context they put it in. Next visit i will ask unless there is some other pressing matter that takes over the apt. I have no interest in having another mri personally.

2. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

3. June-

June- New Member

Or maybe the mri is not definitive?

4. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Maybe not. Im looking for the the TT Ecochg. I still want to try the SS protocol. To me it makes the most sense before I resort to destructive things,which I will do if I feel I have no choice for a quality life.

5. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

e a poster is only interested in hearing, no reason to suggest theynleave the forumven if

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I quit gluten and all grains except for brown basmati rice on Sunday and I quit all dairy two days ago. Wish me luck.

7. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

does that make you a quitter?

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Good luck!!

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

That means my breakfast was dinner leftovers: small piece of salmon, green beans and some homemade polenta :D

This is going to take some getting used to.

10. June-

June- New Member

Do you ever fry that polenta and put syrup on it? We call that fried mush. Yum! :D

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Sacrilege! :D

12. June-

June- New Member

You have no idea what you are missing!

13. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I don't miss what I've never had ;D

14. June-

June- New Member

Me either. Luckily i know maple syrup, corn meal mush and buckwheat pancakes. :D

15. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I'm just teasing you. I know it must be tasty. I don't eat fried foods nor do I eat maple syrup. You ought to know by now (after all our exchanges!) that I am a rather peculiar person ;D

16. June-

June- New Member

I am teasing you. I don't think it would be to your taste. You gotta grow up with it. It's a once in a while treat.

17. June-

June- New Member

I do get a kick out of people who are not Italian singing the praises of polenta but wouldnt be caught dead eating mush, lol. (It is not always fried).

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Just got off the phone with a close friend of mine and clearly, I was of no help to her. I was accused of being unfeeling. OK. I can live with that. Here's her situation in a nutshell.

1. Girl met Boy 20+ years ago.

2. Girl and Boy fell in love. Dated for years. Moved in together. Never married. No kids.

3. Families know each other. Relationship developed. Money invested in common projects.

4. Girl and Boy are now Woman and Man in their early 40s. Still together. Still not married. Still no kids by choice.

5. Woman tells me she is depressed and unhappy. The man (not her Man) she's been seeing outside of her relationship has decided to break it off.

6. It was an 8-year long relationship. He's unmarried, no kids. Had a girlfriend. Has decided he wants to be monogamous now. Dumped my friend.

7. My first reaction: wtf?

8. My second reaction: WTF?!

9. Apparently it was the wrong one. I'm unfeeling.

10. I'm trying to be empathetic but I keep saying the wrong thing and I sound even more unfeeling.

19. June-

June- New Member

She called the wrong person.

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member