Casual Conversation

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Nov 7, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

This can't be, or else I'd have to exclude women from my list.

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

:p :D :D

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Whoever invented plank pose was a sadist.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

The movie Amour. How many of us may have experienced the same thing in our relationships?

6. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

I suppose I'd have to watch it in order to answer the question.

7. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

Amour is a movie I have no desire to see. I suppose it cuts too close to the bone. So did Silver Linings Playbook but I like it in spite of the uncomfortable ( for me) subject.

I fear I need escapism type movies.

8. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

I euthanized my wife just the other day. wat

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

She lived to tell the story :D

10. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

gee it's been a couple of years now since I had to quit my yearlong love affair with oga because of too dozzy, explain the plank pose for us forgetteries

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/470/

12. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

I ordered the study materials for the ACE personal trainer exam. I used to do this years ago and let it lapse. Its time to challenge myself and see how a part time job goes. One step at time.

13. belgianwaffle

belgianwaffle New Member

I prefer doing the Yoga Wii tree ;-) I'm such a wuss :p

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

No no no....the mind meld belongs to the Vulcans not the Jedi :D

(You tell him, Gustav123)

May the force beam you up.

15. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

:D

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Train's 50 ways to say goodbye makes me move faster :D

Where's my mariachi player? :p

17. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I dropped the heavy lid off of a pot right on my wife's foot tonight. She is having a hard time walking now. Believe it or not, she's not mad.

18. daBronx

daBronx New Member

If she continues to have pain or she cannot walk you should take her to the emergency room and have her foot x-rayed.

19. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

I have that one on my playlist.

The Scissor Sisters have a couple that get me going . Have you tried these:?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H5I6y1Qvz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHv0jW4p_xA

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

A prominent conservative senator said Thursday that he now supports gay marriage.

Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, told reporters from the Columbus Dispatch and other Ohio newspapers that his change of heart on the hot-button issue came two years after his son, Will, told him and his wife that he is gay.

"It allowed me to think of this issue from a new perspective, and that's of a Dad who loves his son a lot and wants him to have the same opportunities that his brother and sister would haveā€”to have a relationship like Jane and I have had for over 26 years," Portman said.

In an interview with CNN, Portman said his son, then a freshman at Yale University, told him "that he was gay, and that it was not a choice, and that it's just part of who he is, and that he'd been that way for as long as he could remember."

The dramatic announcement comes just a week before the U.S. Supreme Court is to hear oral arguments on the Defense of Marriage Act, which bars federal recognition of same-sex marriage, a measure Portman co-sponsored as a member of the House in 1996.

Portman was on the short list to be Mitt Romney's running mate last year. He said he informed Romney during the vetting process that he had a gay son, but that the issue was not a deal breaker for Romney.

He also told CNN that he sought guidance from former Vice President Dick Cheney, whose daughter Mary is openly gay.

Portman said Cheney's advice to him was simple: "Follow your heart."