Casual Conversation

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Nov 7, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

why should anyone get perks for a sexual relationship?

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I don't think you get perks for the sexual relationship. You do get perks for the relationship part. Sexuality is insignificant.

3. June-

June- New Member

You mean like marriage? I always wondered that myself when i was single. I still wonder why a person has to be married to anyone to have health insurance, tax breaks etc. it never semed right to me. Now that i am married, it still doesnt seem right.

4. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

yeah. there are other ways, june, you can adopt your children for instance. I've always thought marriage should be private. specifically a starlight summer night where you promise to honnor & protect. with no others present.....except fireflies

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

That's going to be mine.

6. June-

June- New Member

But my friends cant giveme health insurance or tax breaks.

7. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

yeah. not good

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I appreciate that the Senator has made this huge turn-around and has made it public. It was probably not easy considering his past stands and the party that he represents.

Frankly, I think this is a huge win for the Republicans that some are willing to be more real about the issue of same-sex marriage. It shouldn't take having a gay child to understand that equal rights for gays is a human right.

I have a gay Step-child who wishes to marry and is legally allowed to here in Canada. Fortunately it didn't take her coming out to make me realize that these rights are important. I knew long before that therefore this attitude made her coming out to us a lot more comfortable for her.

I agree with you all that you should not have to marry to receive the perks or marriage. Some of us choose to stay unmarried and should not be punished for that :D

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I like waking up early on weekends.

10. June-

June- New Member

What's a weekend?

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It's that thing you treasure greatly after working long hours all week, making sure your kids are well taken care of, dropped off to their various activities, and grocery shopping, laundry and cooking is done :D

12. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Happy Thor's day

13. June-

June- New Member

Oh, that. I had forgotten about that. Now they are just the boring days when the stores are crowded and the news is stale.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

There is still something magical about Saturday.

15. June-

June- New Member

That is one of the gains and losses of retirement. Every day is Saturday.

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

You need some excitement, my friend.

17. June-

June- New Member

No, i got enough of that. I need some peace. For better or worse, every day is still Sat.

18. Jäger

Jäger Me and My sweetie 15 years ago :)

And you have a happy Freyr's day tomorrow.

19. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Our dinner conversation centered around: What would you do if it didn't scare you? The younger one immediately said, "SKYDIVING!" Turns out he wants to try it with....me.

Is it crazy to skydive with what we have?

20. June-

June- New Member

What do you mean, 'with what you have' ? You mean your lives?

Is there a lower age limit for sky diving?