Dizzy today...here's tomorrow is better

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by nicmger, Apr 8, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. nicmger

nicmger New Member

So for the past 10 days I have been "off". Some days I was off balance all day (no vertigo), other days the ear fullness and pressure crazy bad. The exhaustion was back full force. Had a few times where a "zap" felt with a wave of pressure and a 1/2 room turn but never vertigo. Those zings happened when I was sitting down or standing up, no head movement so definitely not BPPV. Today though I woke up not feeling too bad but ended up going dizzy. Room started to move - slowly, pill didn't immediately kick in so I go driven home from work. Attack was only 1 1/2 hrs, definitely not my worse.

Positives: I have had much worse attacks that lasted much longer.
    Positives: I had a much enjoyed stretch since Mid-Nov with no vertigo, minimal ear pressure/ringing, no brain fog!

SO here's to hoping that this breakthough attack was what my body was fighting off and tomorrow will be all clear again! Fingers crossed for me please! ;)

Thanks all for listening - and sharing your stories. It is nice to be able to come somewhere that people actually "get it". :D

2. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

So sorry your symptoms have come back for a bit, my first thought is that it is April, springtime (allergies) which has always been a tough month for me and my MM symptoms, until I started on AV's. That may be why you are having a setback.
    I always test negative for seasonal allergies but I know for sure I have them.

I hope this passes quickly for you and you feel better very soon!

3. nicmger

nicmger New Member

So today wasn't my perfect day. :( I did make it to work and through an important meeting. I did need to take one of my lorazapam pills because it wasn't just an off balance and nausea the room would start to move and then right itself when I blinked. Got through that and did leave early. World wasn't spinning so I was o'k to drive home but definitely off balance in the walking department. Came home and slept for a bit.

We will see what tomorrow brings! I did leave a message for my doctor for a refill on the Lorazapam; and if she calls back I will ask about "anything" else to try. Medication for MAV? Anti Virals? Would she support/help with what I need if I move forward with SS. Lots of questions...but for this moment, the world is not spinning, my balance is decent and I will embrace and celebrate that! ;D

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Find a doctor that will work with whatever Spring requires you to do. Maybe ask him if he has a list of doctors that collaborate with him and contact one of them.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

5. nicmger

nicmger New Member

Yes my plan is to ask him if he knows any doctors anywhere in a reasonable vicinity that I can work with.

Today was o'k. Morning started out a bit rough with off balance and the eyes moving around and then back every blink. Which of course causes major nausea. Afternoon was better for whatever reason.

But I didn't go full vertigo ending up laying flat watching the room rotate around me for hours, so not a horrible day!