For those who read the Bible, I have a ??

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by leviticus, Nov 7, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Titus

Titus New Member

The one and only! His commentaries make things so easy to understand. I always recommend him to people new to the Bible. I also like the way Charles Stanley explains the Gospels.

2. rev

rev New Member

eSword might have J Vernon McGee - I love it. Biggest hangup for me is that it does not have NIV as part of the free program. Lots of extras too - Like Bunyan's writings and many others. (it is a freebie)

3. Titus

Titus New Member

Thanks, Bill. I'll check that one out.

4. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

I have read the Atheists Bible by Joan Konner but my favorite bible is the evil bible:
    http://www.evilbible.com/

5. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

If you want people on this forum to care about you and the life that you have lived, you should show them a little respect. Give it a rest man, please, your starting to piss me off!

6. Titus

Titus New Member

Vic, I just checked out eSword....very cool site.

7. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

Respect has to be earned.You sir/madam have not earned my respect.

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I just read Ray's post in the Front Porch. I presume that he has things in hand.

9. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

my wife bought me one of those years ago, but I still prefer my Oxford Annotated (plus I already have several hundred handwritten notes in mine which I have been using since the summer of '82)

Vic--I don't know why I never think to go to someplace like Biblegateway.com--I google everything, but when I am trying to look up anything bibical, I go to my Oxford, or the companion, or the Zondervan's Topical--guess I should check out the cyberspace version of scripture as well

and Barnyardbird--you know I have no intention of arguing with you, but I wish you could just respect someone because they are a human being rather than demanding that they earn your respect by agreeing with you--you know I respect you even though we disagree and you seem to respect me--why can't you extend others the same courtesy? Please consider that

10. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Settle down Hank. BYB is quite obviously intending to be provocative. It's not like you are without sin in this regard - you've deliberately provoked people plenty of times and admitted to taking pleasure in doing so.

11. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I just read Ray's post in the Front Porch. I presume that he has things in hand.

12. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

When I left the dark side years ago, I kept hearing from certain Christians that the King James version was the way to go. I like the beauty of its language and memorized many verses from it. But since then, every pastor in my life (including my current ones) have recommended the NIV Bible - claiming it is easier to understand. I have leather bound copies, gold guilded pages, Jesus' words in red of both the NIV and King James - self study. I have other versions as well. But I refer to the NIV version the most

13. Titus

Titus New Member

Does anyone listen to the Bible on MP3 or CD? I know many of you have profound hearing loss but for those who don't, Michael W. Smith has the Gospels recorded with beautiful background music. Some nights, I listen as I drift off to sleep. It's very peaceful. A friend also have me a CD with verses about peace, also with lovely background music. I like listening to that one when I ice my neck in bed. It relaxes me.

14. joy

joy New Member

Aaron bought the Bible on CD for me last year for Christmas! I've listened through the middle of the Old Testament but haven't gotten back to it lately. I found myself trying to take notes - especially where things came up that I didn't understand. I listen to tapes/cds when I'm stuffing envelopes at work, so I can't conveniently stop & write things down if I'm in a hurry to get a mailing out.

The Michael W. Smith recording sounds terrific!