Has anyone ever had complete reversal of Tinnitus while taking JOH or ACYC?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Pakrat3, Mar 30, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Pakrat3

Pakrat3 New Member

Just wondering if anyone has ever had any luck getting their tinnitus to go away and how long it took while taking JOH or any of the antivirals?

Hope all of you are feeling better every day!!

2. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

No Luck here on AV's with getting rid of tinnitus but no more vertigo..so I am happy, but my tinnitus isn't bad, background noise drowns it out.

3. June-

June- New Member

Yes, I did with acyclovir. I lost the lo pitched roaring tinnitus that I had had 24/7 for 9 months within about 6 weeks of starting acyclovir.

4. Chinook

Chinook New Member

It's lessened in severity, but have never been able to get rid of it totally. And it's both ears.

5. angrychicken

angrychicken New Member

My tinnitus followed a pattern along with fullness - the tinnitus would build in volume and become of higher frequency pitch until it sounded like a jet engine next to my ear. Then the tinnitus would disappear as the fullness / pressure would build. After a short break it would all start over - that was until I was on Valcyclovir for 9 days at a high dose. Since then, no symptoms at all - including tinnitus. I remain on 1000mg/day Valcyclovir and the JOH regimen.

6. Pakrat3

Pakrat3 New Member

Thank you all for that information. Sounds like there's a glimmer of hope to get rid of this most annoying tinnitus.

7. netti49

netti49 New Member

Is the idea to stay on antivirals forever?

8. angrychicken

angrychicken New Member

That's a personal choice, but I think that you want to either be on AVs or L-Lysine forever if you are helped by anti herpes drugs. In the literature there is no documented adverse effect to being on AVs for years or even decades.

http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/186/Supplement_1/S40.full

9. June-

June- New Member

I did not need to. In 6 years, I have taken antivirals less than 8 months altogether.

10. Pakrat3

Pakrat3 New Member

As of today, April 1st, 2014, in the late evening, this post has been read 208 times, and only one person has indicated they have had relief from their tinnitus. That's not very good odds!! Yikes.

11. June-

June- New Member

Most of the people who read this have not tried antivirals. They are just curious, like you.

Only 4 people answered the question. Of those four, two (50%) got complete relief, one (25%)got partial relief, one (25%) got no relief.

But that said, most people on this board who report success with antivirals do not get rid of their tinnitus.

12. Zanaree

Zanaree New Member

I've been on Famvir for a year and a half, and while my hearing, distortion, fullness, and hyperacusis are dramatically better, the tinnitus has not improved at all.

13. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

I have been free of tinnitus since the early 00's. I got severe Meniere's in 1995 (was professionally diagnosed as such then), and had tinnitus and all the other symptoms while I experimented with various vitamins, minerals, and supplements in the creation of early versions of my regimen.

By the turn of the century, using the earliest versions of my evolving Meniere's treatment regimen, I was essentially free of MM symptoms --- except for tinnitus. But by about 2002, that, too, subsided to irrelevance. Today, I have no MM symptoms, including a welcome absence of tinnitus.

In about 2004, because I was so wonderfully free of symptoms, I mistakenly decided to go off the regimen, presuming that I was now normal and would be able to resume a pre-Meniere's life without the handful of vitamins, minerals, and supplements in my daily regimen. Within a short period, a few weeks or less, hydrops and all the other symptoms re-appeared. I instantly went back on the regimen, and the symptoms once again subsided. I continue with the regimen (in the latest version, here: http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.pdf ) without any continuing or re-appearing symptoms other than the deafness in my left ear, which occurred before I went on the regimen. The regimen simply does not restore lost hair cells (nor does anything else).

Virtually everyone with tinnitus, on any and all treatment regimens or approaches, learns that tinnitus is especially recalcitrant; that it hangs around at full force long after all other MM symptoms have subsided.

--John of Ohio

14. valsc0508

valsc0508 New Member

Yes, started JOH in Sept or Oct of last year and all symptoms are completely gone now except for the slight low frequency hearing loss. The tinnitus was bad but for me the distortions were the worst. I was so happy when they started to improve. I will notice a bit of it all coming back and during my monthly cycles but very short lived each time and nothing like before.

15. Brownrecluse

Brownrecluse New Member

I did three long, heavy rounds of antivirals (acyclovir) over a course of years. NO reduction in symptoms for me. I have used 95% of the JOH regimen for about a year and a half I think, now, and while my symptoms do not appear to have reduced, they have not gotten worse, and they had been getting worse rather rapidly before I started. But I DO have to say that the vertigo has moderated in the last two months, and as that is the most dangerous symptom for me (I have suffered broken bones and done other serious damage from vertigo attacks/drop attacks), and the JOH regimen is the ONLY thing I have changed since starting my original program (which was just a diuretic and a low sodium diet), I ascribe that improvement to his regimen. Nothing has helped with my hearing, my brain fog, or my tinnitus. And I don't think it ever will. I always have to add this: I have SEVERAL auto-immune diseases, there is research, I am told, indicating that they reinforce each other, and I doubt there will ever be a single "magic bullet" that will "cure" all of them, or significantly moderate even one of them, if that is true. Until medical science is far more advanced than it is today at least. So in short (I rarely write "short"), if I ONLY had MM, I think the JOH regimen would indeed be my best shot. But that is me. As an aside, one of the reasons I will not consider the Stephen Spring approach is the fact that my various autoimmune ailments are not viral, even if one believes MM is. So I have no confidence his approach would even make that big of a dent in my MM symptoms, assuming everything positive said about it here is true. For others, that may well be different. I am not in a position to judge on THAT score. I DO know that if the JOH regimen works for you, it is logarithmically cheaper than the Spring approach. For those of us without a lot of cash lying around, that can make a difference.