Live large

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by tm53, Aug 21, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. tm53

tm53 New Member

A couple of months ago I came across (on Facebook) one of my first girl friends, we are talking Jr. High here.

It was fun to exchange a few PM's purely platonic. Talking about old times, old friends, very innocent times in our life.

A month or so ago she posted that she had a weird lump on her neck. FNB came back inconclusive which I found encouraging. Various theories from various docs

Tues a biopsy was performed. PM'd my best wishes the evening before. Awaiting results.

Checked her FB page today only to find eulogy posts from various FB friends. Dead at 56 years old. RIP Laura.

TM53 came away with this lesson today: Live large, play hard, love deeply, make peace with your God, pick your battles. It's not a question of if but it's when and how.

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

amen dear friend - amen...I learned this as in one year I lost two grandmothers, a dear beloved cousin who was 45, an uncle(s), and almost my son (in battle)

another lesson learned isn't it...life is too short to be sad or angry or???? - thank you too for the reminder

3. pardonme

pardonme Guest

4. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

sorry Tom
    that is a sad but edifying post--thanks for sharing

5. pardonme

pardonme Guest

6. tm53

tm53 New Member

No worries, not really expecting condolences but thank you.

7. Tara

Tara New Member

That's very sad. A lesson learned indeed.

8. newflady

newflady New Member

Tm,

So sorry about your friend Laura, but the sentiments you express are so very true!!! Thanks for the reminder!

9. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

So sorry for the loss of your friend, but there is a powerful lesson for us all.

10. karenlr

karenlr New Member

I am so sorry for your loss TM. It was a good thing that you were able to reconnect with her after all that time.
    Losing someone that quickly is a real wake up call for all of us. I will keep you in my prayers.
    I am learning to take each day as it comes and do what I can as I can. I also need to learn how to play again.
    It's been a long time coming but I think I need a beach day!

11. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

I will keep you in my prayers TM.

You speak of a very good lesson for all to learn before it is to late one that is very near and dear to my heart.

12. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Very sorry to hear that tm, and reminds me of my co-worker last year who I talked to on a Friday and then find out on Monday she died over the weekend from a brain anuerysm at age 44. It left us all saddened, in shock, and speechless.

13. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Sudden death is so sad. We have no time to prepare.

Several years ago, I was sitting in the Ladies Lounge iin my office and joking with a coworker. It was Friday night and she was going to a wedding the next day. She was a new driver and her parents bought her a brand new car. When I arrived at work on Monday morning, I learned that she and her date were killed in a car accident on the way to that wedding. Treasure each moment with loved ones and friends.

14. egross

egross New Member

Oh TM, how shocking and sad. Just connecting again and this loss. Very sad. It sure puts a new perspective on living, experiencing, and appreciating each day, because you never know. So sorry.

15. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Oh wow.. Something told you to find each other even if it was to say good-bye to a good friendship.

16. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

You are so right, something I'm working on. Thanks for the reminder :-*

17. tm53

tm53 New Member

Beach day! Do it Karen.

18. tm53

tm53 New Member

Thanks all for your condolences, really didn't expect them.

Chris and Dizzysheba et al, sorry for your losses.

19. karenlr

karenlr New Member

Alas no one to go to the beach with me right now. Yep, going to the beach sounds so nice. Going at night sounds even better! Listening to the waves and seeing the moon shining off the water. And right now watching the light display out over the gulf! (lightning)

20. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

mea culpa as well - my condolences