Medical Bracelets?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by winewench, Apr 25, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. winewench

winewench I'm not drunk, I just walk with an accent!

Hey Guys ~

Do any of you wear medical bracelets about Meniere's? You know, like people with Diabetes or heart conditions? If so, where do I order one? It would be helpful in case I have more drop attacks or whatever...
    I want people to know that I'm not "under the influence."

Thanks!
    Sue

2. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Mine would have to be the size of a credit card

3. nwspin

nwspin New Member

Yes I have a medical alert bracelet that has my name, Meniere's Syndrome, Vertigo & Dizziness, the name of my doctor, Valium & Dyazide and the Town I am from. I got it just in case I had an attack in public, I wouldn't have to explain myself.

I forget where I got mine but their have been a view threads about this, do a search under bracelets.

4. TheDonald

TheDonald New Member

http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,24773.0.html

5. Titus

Titus New Member

I was given a disability parking sticker.....it seems like a medical ID would be good.

6. poppaharley

poppaharley Meniere's: God's answer to a free merry-go-round

Check on Amazon.com and search medical bracelets. Some are blank and you can order them engraved with what you want or you can take them to a local jewler.

7. LizaAZ

LizaAZ New Member

I have not been here in a LONG time....so here is a site I have used for a medical I.D:

http://www.medids.com/order/adult_medical_ID_Bracelet_Alert.html

8. charlesj

charlesj New Member

I got mine from MedicAlert

9. vikx

vikx New Member

I don't have one but like the idea. My dear Uncle had peripheral neuropathy and collapsed in a parking lot. At 80 something, you'd think someone would have come to his aid. Instead, he had to crawl to his car because people thought he was a drunk...YES to the bracelet. VK

10. rottiesrule

rottiesrule New Member

EBay has a number of vendors with many different styles of ID's.

11. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

I don't have one yet but have searched online. Found some very trendy ones, don't remember the website, just do a search.

12. pardonme

pardonme Guest

13. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Same here. I only wear mine when I travel.

14. wileyriley

wileyriley New Member

i have one from road id. i wear it when i'm out and alone with my kids. i like it because it's a velcro bracelet. you can get it in other forms though.

15. Dizzy Moo

Dizzy Moo New Member

Yeap - got one from Medic Alert - just so I don't get arrested for being drunk!!!!!

Seriously, they are great things - not only with the emblem but the card that goes with it indicates what meds you need to take in an attack.

Couldn't live without mine xx

16. winewench

winewench I'm not drunk, I just walk with an accent!

Thanks Guys!

I googled medical bracelets and ended up ordering one from Medic Alert. I think it's a great idea! I'll have mine in time for my trip to Boston on May 6th. I live in CA and will be flying out there for my son's college graduation.
    Cheers!
    Sue