New MM Inspired Photography Site of mine

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by tucker, Oct 5, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

2. magpiejen

magpiejen Where's the mute button? I think mine's stuck "on"

Beautiful website Tuck. Thanks for sharing it. Oh and you have a guest book signature :)

Jen

3. tucker

Thank you so much! and what a meaningful post in the guestbook! That is exactly my goal.

Hugs
    Danny

4. tucker

Thanks guys! I want to make sure I hit the mark with The Beast!

5. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Menieres awareness is in the pubic schools, it's classifed as a learning disability. Research is being done. But, please remember alot of people on Ray's site, menieres.org, are on fixed incomes and can't afford to donate to MRI or buy your menieres products.

6. tucker

I am not that insensitive!

you are right and when someone writes me and explains their situation I make special arrangements. you have your opinion,,that is fine....I am just trying to get the word out there and looking for feedback. I have sent probably 50 or so DVD's under special reasons. Usually all it requires is that SOMEDAY you drop a few can goods for the food drive when you are able.

I am not pushing my site or MRI and just want people out there to see it and if they can't afford anything at least they have a place to go and say ..." See this is what it is like" that is my goal....not to make any money off MM. I spend more on the products then I make....i want to make MM no longer an orphan disease.

If Ray had a link to donate to menieres.org; I would have put that on my site also. I do have it listed as one of my favorites and have already gotten replys thanking me for showing them some direction.

how high is that horse anyway?

I am courious what state and district has MM as a learning disability?

Danny

7. ToniG

ToniG Guest

My neighbor, who has since moved to VA, was a special education teacher. I have emailed her. She was very familiar with menieres as a special ed teacher. I will tell you the state and district when she responds.
    http://www.ncld.org/content/view/264/314/
    http://www.ldonline.org/

Menieres isn't an orphan disease. There's no cure. The ear and brain are very complicated organs.

I'm not on a high horse. I don't appreciate solicitation. If I were a newbie and would have seen all the solicitations, I would not have come back here.

Ray does have a spot to donate to menieres.org
    http://www.menieres.org/ (discreetly at the bottom of the page next to google)
    http://zme.amazon.com/exec/varzea/pay/T1C7IIZGFLWGI/058-4318708-6487003

8. tucker

and I am special education teacher and if my child had MM I would not have the in an LD room and would fight it to the end. to my knowledge I don't think they teach teachers how to work with MM students.

Orphan disease means that there is really no research out there or funding looking for a cure because there it does not effect enought people.

And I might not come back here either.

9. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

O.K. I don't get it. I seem to have missed "all the solicitations" and I'm here a lot.

Oceanbreeze, weren't you the one who left in a huff a while back? I know other things here have angered you....but I guess I don't understand why Danny should get a scolding.....???

10. ToniG

ToniG Guest

DC; Please look above your post in Tucker's signature and see the solicitations.
    I count 4, including the newest one. I'm sure most people aren't even aware they can donate to menieres.org.

I did leave "in a huff" over the suicide and benzo threads in the living room. Not sure how this is relevant?

I wasn't scolding. I was merely expressing what several posters have also said.;

"Menieres awareness is in the pubic schools, it's classifed as a learning disability. Research is being done. But, please remember alot of people on Ray's site, menieres.org, are on fixed incomes and can't afford to donate to MRI or buy your menieres products."

11. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

12. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Oceanbreeze I am stunned why don't you go take a nice walk. Danny we support you :-*

13. Peggy

Peggy Grandkids gotta love um

OC you need to get off the Better than everbody else mod. You really sound like a boring person. And you so rude and inconsiderate. I have been on this forum for little over a year and I haven't seen you do anything toward helping the newbie and others know what it is like to have this disease. You need to get off the high hose and go back to reading a LONG novel and keep you comments to your self. If Menieres is that so well known then why in the h*** does it take so long to get a doctor that can help you and the government to pay for disability.
    Your neighbor knows about Menieres becasue she live by a noisey loud mouth person like you. ANd is probably scared to tell you that she doesn't know about it. I really do not care about what your neighbor knows, and so what if she is a SPecial Education teacher. That doesn't tell me anything. In my opinion you are the one that needs to leave and be gone for a while. You have left before so LEAVE AGAIN>
    Danny do not leave you have helped me alot. ANd one RUDE person should not make you upset think about all the people that you have helped with you menieres awaremess stuff.

14. pardonme

pardonme Guest

I actually bought Danny's DVD, and in terms of getting people to 'see' menieres it was the best few bucks I have spent in terms of gaining understanding. My hubby actually cried when he watched it...If I remember correctly he wrote to Danny about it.

I also purchased one of his other photographs which I am very pleased to have framed and hung in my home. His artwork is really very good, and I am glad to have been made aware of it.

There is almost always posts on this forum talking about the difficulties of getting others to appreciate the predicament of menieres. Danny seems to have found a tool to convey the message well...a picture says a thousand words.

In my opinion Danny's photographs are worth making an exemption from solicitiation rules. (same goes for anyone else who may happen to create, develop or invent something particularily well suited to fellow menieres sufferers) I personally am not offended by Danny's approach to sharing his work. I've never felt 'sold' by Danny, and personally, from a business persons perspective, I found his prices a little lame if he ever intends to actually turn a significant profit....not to mention he doesn't have his images properly protected on the internet. (Danny - from a profiteers perspective you aren't near as good a businessman as you are a photographer! :D )

Personally, I think we could do well to encourage one another to create ways to supplement our suffering incomes...and maybe someday even add a 'marketplace' to our selection of rooms here on the forum. Wouldn't it be great if some of our members who have lost their jobs could develop ways to help the whole of menieres and pay their rent at the same time? Yes, I think it would be wonderful.

15. dedion

dedion New Member

That's a good idea!

I've never taken Danny's posts as solicitation, but then I don't spend as much time here as I used to - maybe I missed something? I guess Ray would be the one to decide whether Danny is within the site's guidelines regarding this sort of thing.

Let's not be too hard on oceanbreeze.

16. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I would like not to be too hard on Toni, but this has happened before. I'm weary of the moral police :-\

17. Bergie

Bergie New Member

I have mixed feelings here to be honest.

The question here is not with Danny's talent as a photographer, but whether this is the place (MM.org) for him or anyone to be selling anything and making a profit off of any of us.
    You have the choice to buy or not to buy.

I personally think the "larger font" for his websites in his siggy really stands out, and that that's enough. Bumping up his own post is where I could see someone getting upset....meaning it looks like he was soliciting here. :-\

My opinion is...while this disease is really not widely known, and everyone's experience with it is not all the same, perhaps people might come to the conclusion that just ONE person's experiences shouldn't reperesent how we all feel or see menieres. Even though its being represented on his own website, maybe some of us are taking it too personally??
    For example...if this were Cancer, and your Cancer wasn't as bad as others or vice versa...would you want someone profiting from their experience and trying to show how others feel through pictures or paintings or whatever through a product being sold? Someone came up with the Pink Ribbon idea for Breast Cancer...now it is being sold everywhere but...the organization is getting the profits! Great...and the awareness is out!
    I guess what I am saying is...It "seems" he is profiting off others misfortunes and whether or not he is or isn't...its Rays site and if he allows it...so be it!

The non profit items he is selling go to another MM site...MRI Resources. Not here at all. :(
    I have no problem with that other then, well...the obvious! Why not here too then? :-\ But, that is not my business..but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that...I just have the B...s to ask it! :-[

We have choices...REMEMBER that!! ;) :)

I'm not trying to start any trouble...I'm just wondering myself ...and like I said...I have mixed feelings on all this especially the bumping of his own thread when the website is already in his addy.

with that all said....take a look, Danny is talented!! (I think making T-shirts up would sell more and that would help get the word out better!!) OK...I will shut up now!! :)

18. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Toni G. (Oceanbreeze) is one person. She did "leave" in a huff one day but never really left, was posting constantly elsewhere on our site. I don't have a lot of respect for this grandstanding. I take exception to Toni's posting this to Danny, as I also think she has assigned herself as someone who is able to tell others what they are doing wrong here. Because of that, I feel I'm entitled to tell her back, NO one has asked you to do that here. In fact, I personally find it offensive. I know I am only one person but that is my opinion. Lisa B.

19. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

Hi Everyone,

I think before our last "crash," Rev suggested that we create an "MM-Bay" so that those of us who made things... could market them. That thread died with the last crash, but I've often thought of it.

I enjoy Danny's work, and look forward to announcements of new work. What I do is... I quickly put his website in my favorites so I know it's where I can visit it when I want.

I LOVE SEEING EVERYONE'S CREATIVE WHATEVERS! We do some very deep sharing here, and it takes many many forms.

I've shared websites that have touched me... I've visited websites at the bottom of others' siggies...

I've never felt diminished by doing so.

:)

Jenski

20. burd

burd New Member

I agree with Bergie's observations. With the risk of going against popular opinion here, I am curious about something. First of all I have no issues with Danny, for or against, and from a totally neutral point of view I have to wonder why anyone else coming on this forum with something to promote or sell gets run off so fast their heads probably spin for days, and yet if it's one of "our own", it's okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.