vertigo with antibiotics?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by shelly3257, Apr 3, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shelly3257

shelly3257 New Member

Recently I was on antibiotics for two weeks. My vertigo got more severe by the day, with nausea and anxiety. I got off it about a week ago, and each day since then I felt better and better. I had to go back on the Penicillin again yesterday. Dizziness is back (each day it gets worse until it's vertigo) and I have severe nausea (which I understand is common) along with the anxiety and just generally feeling very sick.

Has anyone experienced this with an antibiotic before? It seems to be affecting my bad side (left) just like last time when they thought it might be VN or labyrinthitis. I'm convinced it's the antibiotics though. I hope it's not doing any damage...

I'm thinking maybe because i have dizziness and vertigo issues already, and then you add a med that can increase your dizziness that that's what happening? Really I have no clue though. Just wanted to know if anyone had this happen before.

2. survivorgirl34

survivorgirl34 New Member

i was recently on keflex and i noticed my dizziness and nausea got worse. i have been off antibiotics 2 days feeling not much better

3. thornapple

thornapple New Member

I have this but sleuthed out that in my case it is caused by sodium starch glycolate, which is in some pills/medications. So I don't take those any more.

4. shelly3257

shelly3257 New Member

I was also wondering if it was something in the additives that was setting off my MAV. Blech. 6 and a half more days... lol