When nobody knows what's wrong with you!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Coach M, May 4, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Coach M

Coach M New Member

You are both probably right to a degree. I went to the MD today and they are going to run blood tests, but he thinks (news flash) its all stemming back to MM.

I am going to pick up a copy of the "Heal your Headache" and try the migraine diet. I have nothing to lose there. Other than that, no dope and no coffee. We'll see what happens.

2. Coach M

Coach M New Member

I hear you brother! I'll give it a shot.

3. Go Gonzaga

Go Gonzaga 2 1/2 years into this and ready to feel better!

Thanks for listening bud..........I honestly think this will benefit you or I would not even recommend it. Honestly, this may be the golden ticket that you have been looking for.

Don't just go the food route.

Add a migraine medication into the mix as well. It, coupled with the diet, may just push you to eternal bliss ;D

Good luck and please feel free to PM me any time. I am probably more of a sports nut than you ;D

Take care buddy,

Todd in Zag Country

4. Coach M

Coach M New Member

Working on getting the MD to prescribe a migraine medication. Feeling significantly better since stopping the drug cocktail. Also working on finding a counselor that deals with chronic disease coping.

5. Angelea

Angelea New Member

Happy to hear you continue to feel better today, Coach. Things will get better...

6. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Coach:

Glad to hear, dr gave me verapamil because I used to get headaches with my attacks, no more headaches. 240 mg ( 80 mg 3 times a day)

also good call on the counselor. We fight this alone and in silence and having someone listen is a good idea. The first my dr asked me when diagnosed is can I recommend a therapist to you. He was very honest in that mm was long and winding with many ups and downs.

7. Go Gonzaga

Go Gonzaga 2 1/2 years into this and ready to feel better!

Coach........I still whole heartedly (did i spell that wrong ??? ) think you should take a quick visit to see Dr. Baloh at UCLA. He is the man.

I know you live in that general area.

It would be worth the visit.

t

8. Coach M

Coach M New Member

Still off the diuretic. The MM ear has stayed the same. Tinnitus, no fullness, its basically dead (It has been assaulted with gentamicin.)

My "good" ear, on the other hand, has been really painful and had alot of allergy, TMJ issues. I don't think its MM because the issues come and go and it hurts like crazy. But its definitely causing headaches and its uncomfortable. Had a little minor episode where I felt a twinge of dizziness, sweating but it just went away. What a whacked out system I have!

9. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Coach:

I am a little worried about the good ear.

Is it something that bothers you to the point you constantly think about it. Any tinitus from it or a sense of fullness.?

My mm shit started worth a little tinitus when I would clench my teeth.

Joe

10. Coach M

Coach M New Member

I worry about it at times, but no tinnitus or fullness. And it still responds to allergy treatment. But thats not to say it couldnt be MM. I just wont go there unless it presents classic MM symptoms. Right now its occasional TMJ and some plugging.

What makes me think it isnt MM is the pain. I dont remember that with the other ear. And no hearing loss yet.

And if it is MM, theres nothing I can do about it anyway :)

11. Coach M

Coach M New Member

I love that saying Intrepid.

However, when the mortgage, cars, tuition, etc. fall on you (which Im sure we all have obligations) then worry is a natural reaction when you see your health possibly going downhill. Maybe the really enlightened people can get past that. Not there yet.

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Coach:
    If things are that bad, I would have a heart to heart with my dr about the laby, nobody deserves to suffer lime you do, take charge of your healthcare, only you know what's best foe you, not your dr.

Can't imagine doing this and coaching

13. Coach M

Coach M New Member

The problem is not the MM ear, that's the problem! I think they have done a good job of killing the mm ear. Its the constant nickel and diming that the good ear does. Like I have said, I can function but its extremely uncomfortable. So laby wont do shit for me.

They say that I might have really severe sinus issue in the good one, because this has been going on for so long. Maybe sinus surgery? Who knows.

14. Coach M

Coach M New Member

One way or another, I'll make it work. I have to. I'd just like to be more comfortable doing it :)

15. Coach M

Coach M New Member

I must have the most whacked out case on this board (at least the most confusing.) My MM ear is fine, the usual tinnitus strong and steady. My good ear, while not afflicted with MM (I think) is driving me frikkin insane. Strong sinus issues, where I really feel it in my nose and all the way down, it even bugs me down into my trapezius muscle. It causes pain in my ear, but no hearing issues, tinnitus or pressure. It just f'ing hurts. And the ONT said other than nasonex or some other spray, they cant really do anything.

Its on and off, sometimes gone for days, sometimes hours, never bugs me while sleeping. But when I get up, my right nostril feels plugged and it drove me crazy all day. I just dont get it. I wonder if I should ask for an MRI or something. My wife thinks I'm crazy.

16. June-

June- New Member

You are NOT crazy. Your observations are important clues.

17. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Coach, you are definately not crazy, you know your body and when something is not right you know and seek treatment.

MM presents in many ways and sometimes not inthe same way with each ear do not worry, just take it a step at a time, this is a process. Let it all playout.

18. hurricaneone

hurricaneone New Member

Coach if you are dealing with sinus problems it would be a good idea to do the nedi pot with the little packets of sinus rinse and be sure to use distilled water. Use the rinse everyday no matter what and even if you think it is not helping. I got to the point that I was about to stop the rinse and then suddenly everything started clearing up includeing my hearing came back.Now I do also take a weekly allergy shot so Im sure that it plays a roll in my recovery as well as the gent shots.Man at this point you have nothing to loose so get it going and stay with it.By the way there is a correct and incorrect way to use the neddi pot. I didnt know this at first until my nurse wife showed me how. I know you more than likely use it correctly but I will just say to make sure to let the water run through your sinus and out your mouth. Good Luck my friend. Hey coach I shot a 75 today in our thursday golf tourney.I figure you will be coming out of your funk real soon.

19. Coach M

Coach M New Member

Man, I thought for sure I would be out of my funk by now. Its just one thing after another. In the past I had an episode, suffered for a while, then it was gone, sometimes for a year or more. Now, no episodes just all of this craziness. Its almost worse in alot of ways.

I do the saline rinse every night religiously. I use the nasonex every day. I know there are serious allergy issues around here because we are in the central valley. There is alot of ag pollution, high particulate count, etc. If they told me "move and it will be better" I would do it. I just don't know what is making me this way.

I am still getting stuff done, the team is really doing great weight training and developing, and they just built us a brand new stadium. I just hope I get to feeling better soon so I can enjoy it.

20. kdburger

kdburger New Member

Coach, I havent read all of the post here, but have you asked to have your allergies tested? If allergy meds arent helping then maybe you need allergy shots. My ENT says that a high percentage of MM patients benefit from them. It may take up to 6 months to see a difference, but it may be worth it.