Yeast allergy

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by khshrg, Dec 17, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. khshrg

khshrg New Member

I have been battling this beast for 25 yrs but this year has been the worst. I had the jet engine (many of you are familiar with unfortunately) in my head all year. I just did allergy testing and am allergic to yeast among other things. I've chgd my diet the last few days and my ears have calmed down quite a bit, no loud roaring, it gets a little quieter everyday!! Anyway, I'm excited but wary, we will see. I'm hoping and praying that it continues to get better. I haven't seen much info on menieres and candida but some dr's seem to think there may be a connection with auto immune and a yeast overgrowth in your body. I lost my thyroid years ago and that seems to be another organ the yeast attacks. Just a thought...fingers crossed.

2. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Hey Phyllis,
    Glad you are feeling better I hope that treating the yeast helps you.Actually there have been lots of discussions on here about it.Papajoe has several threads on it.He must be doing really well he hasn't been on the board in a long time.Here is a link to one of his threads.Do a search and you will find many more.I wish you the best!

http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,30007.0.html

3. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

quote from khsrg "I lost my thyroid years ago"

LOL, oh my gosh, where did you lose it? We'll help you look! You know this thread is all about team players.

All kidding aside, I'm glad you are feeling better. These good days are so wonderful. I hope it keeps up for you.

4. Angelea

Angelea New Member

What foods specifically are you avoiding? I was recently told to trial this, too, as I have some mold sensitivities I think, but most of the stuff I have found on-line has more to do with controlling yeast overgrowth so it recommends avoiding yeast, as well as things that promote the growth of yeast, i.e. sugar. I am a dietitian and this is not something we learned in school. I have two more allergy testing appointments and was told I will be given diet instruction at the end. Anyway, I am curious to know what exactly you are avoiding. Thanks!

5. khshrg

khshrg New Member

I am avoiding all yeast products, bread, pasta and practically all "good" food it seems. LOL. I can't have cheese, that was one too that I was allergic too, and yogurt so I just cut out all dairy but I can have eggs. I can't do vinegar which is a killer, I ate pickles like crazy and drank pickle juice like water ( I know that is gross but we all have our weird loves)!! I eat right now brown rice, all meats and veges. The only good thing is I should lose some weight, bad thing is I may starve to death!! I'm so hungry now that I'm eating healthy my metabolism is in high gear! I only drink water and I do have coffee, I'm not giving up everything.
    This is the longest in over a year that I haven't had roaring in my head 24/7 and it is heaven!! I think my hearing has really improved but it could be just not having that jet engine going all the time I can hear. I still have the noise in my bad ear but that is normal and I'm ok with that. Right now I feel sssoooo much better I'm not even tempted to eat anything I even think may affect my ears.
    Good luck, it's tough but so worth it.

6. khshrg

khshrg New Member

ME TOO!! I'm so excited just to be able to sit in a room of more than one and be able to understand folks!!

7. khshrg

khshrg New Member

I did find some really interesting stuff on here about yeast. Who knew that something that is practically all processed food could do so much harm?!?! I wish I had learned this stuff a long time ago but I'm just glad I finally found something that helps. I did try the anti-virals before this and got no relief but I say to anyone suffering, don't give up, I really felt like it sometimes but I knew there had to be a cause out there and I just had to keep searching.
    Merry Christmas to everyone!

8. khshrg

khshrg New Member

oh yeah, you also can't have alcohol. Forgot about that one.