ZYRTEC? Antihistamine

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by utalledo, Dec 15, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

Has anyone had bad reactions to it? I have been prescribed with it.....Cralitin D was horrible for me made me dizzy.....was wondering how Zyrtec will be...

Any comments? :)

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

i take claritin (no D) and benadryl and singular at night and if I'm having a real congested day I take mucinex - with all of those antihistamines I still have mucous

i've taken zyrtec will no problems

3. June-

June- New Member

I'll tell you the truth and then you should ignore it. ALL antihistamines make my symptoms worse. In fact anything that has a drying effect on my body makes my symptoms worse. I don't know why and I suspect the dr's think I am squirrelly but it has been my experience. I once took zyrtec for 3 days and had good relief from the allergy/eustachian tube probably symptoms i was having. On the fourth day I experienced sudden near deafness, the worst I have ever had since this started. I was really scared. I took one of every pill (for ears) I had in the house and finally went to bed. About 24 hours later I was ok. I think this is really not a Meniere's thing but something to do with the anatomy of my ear but I don't take antihistamines. I have never heard anyone else report this problem so I think it is just me.

I get good relief sometimes with flonase.

4. ptmays

ptmays New Member

I take allegra-d twice a day. Opposed to the previous poster, the exact opposite works for me. The dryer I become, the fewer symptoms I experience. Some people respond positively to to antihistamines, others don't. Even while taking the antihistamines I still experience extreme brain fog. During these moments I can't concentrate to save my life.

5. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

I will try it and then post my results....

6. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

I use Flonase and Allegra 180 as needed and helps me a lot! Allegra180 ( not D) does not cross blood brain barrier therefore no dizziness like I always got with others..ie Zyrtec.

7. June-

June- New Member

Interesting.... Maybe I will try allegra 180 if my allergies kick up