1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I have healed myself 90% in three months, this is how

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mary of the West, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Mike from Swindon

Mike from Swindon New Member

Oct 30, 2022
    Just to add to the body of anecdotal evidence - and in case this helps anybody else, cutting out gluten has cured my Menieres more or less 100% - I've been left with some residual hearing loss, and minor tinitus, but no more attacks.

I've had Menieres on and off for about 15 years - with attacks about once a month or so and sometimes severely unpleasant and debilitating. A couple of years ago, I wanted to lose a bit of weight and went on the keto (zero carb) diet for 6 months. I was amazed to discover that after a month or so, the Menieres cleared up completely. After the 6 months were up, having lost a fair bit of weight, I started eating 'normally' again. The Meniers came back with a vengence. So obviously it was something that I had been previously cutting out that was triggering it, and thats when I went gluten free whilst continuing with other carbs. That was it - Menieres gone, and for me, definitely gluten. I dont even have to cut it out completely, I seem to be able to have the occasional 'treat' without adverse effect - I just keep it very low.

The thing that makes it so damned hard to pin down is that there is a substantial delay between eating excess gluten and the menieres symptoms - 3 or 4 weeks or so.

Anyway - something to try if you're suffering. I hope it works for others too, and also hope that there will be some research into the link - as doctors dont generally believe there is any link at all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    Hi Mary, I really need some encouragement. I have started the medical medium diet for one month. However, my ear fullness is going worse. I am wondering how long it takes for you to see the improvements? Thanks

3. MarthaScotland

MarthaScotland New Member

Nov 16, 2022
    Thank you xx

4. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Hi Mike, this is encouraging information - like everyone says "we're all different". If I may ask, you mentioned being diagnosed with Menieres 15 years ago; how severe was your hearing loss and how much did it improve. I've lost about 50% of my hearing in my left ear and everyone says that there's no way it's coming back in any amount. They might be right, but hope is a powerful motivator.

I was diagnosed with Meniere's 4 months ago after noticing some changes in my hearing over the past 16 months. I seemed to have stabilized the vertigo and the ear fullness is improving slowly. My next hope is that I might get some hearing back.

5. Dying Ear

Dying Ear New Member

Dec 4, 2021
    Mike from Swindon's experiences are interesting. I cut gluten and eggs out around two months ago and I noticed improved results within a couple of weeks.
    The ear fullness disappeared - though sadly my hearing has deteriorated so much, I'm pretty much 90% deaf in my bad ear.
    I didn't realise there was a delay in eating gluten and the symptoms coming on.
    I have been treating myself now and then but perhaps had too much - had a shawarma wrap a couple of weeks ago and three times had gluten free (but eggy) pasta dishes and it's notable that for the last few days my symptoms have been quite bad.

6. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    hi there: please keep strong! keep going. to get Meniere's, I believe it is a very deep seated viral infection. it didn't happen overnight that it burrowed deep in the vagus nerves and labyrinth of ears, and it won't be cured overnight. I saw an intial encouraging shift in one week (after quitting eggs !) that encouraged me to stay strong on the anti viral diet path, I am now over a year on the diet, and my Meniere's is in remission so long as I eat as is outlined in 'Cleanse to Heal'. It has been slow but incredibly steady healing using food as medicine! My hearing is back, I don't notice any more distortions and I am hearing as I did before I began symptoms in 2021, my hyperacusis is gone, my tinnitus is so low as to be forgotten (unless I eat too many 'troublemaker foods', then it starts to rise and a little fullness comes into my ears- as I have bilateral) . Recently was able to drive across country with no issues of the noise, listening to the radio turned up! back to normal activities. no vertigo or dizziness. when I stray off the diet, I get a little flare, so I return to the diet, and if I stray far by many meals or days of breaking the diet, my monthly 369 cleanse puts things back in order. at the end of each cleanse I feel my best and my symptoms then are so low as to be gone, thats why I do a 369 cleanse once a month for deeper cleaning of my liver and its paying off big time, have turned my health completely around and the diet puts my fibromyalgia in remission too. can't recommend exploring and taking healing into your own hands and out of big pharmas hands enough. I will continue this diet to maintain meniere's sympetoms as well as for overall health as it has so many incredible things its helped me with. brain fog gone, depression issues etc. Blessings!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    So happy to know that your hearing is back to normal. May I ask how long it takes for your hearing return. So glad that diet works

8. Anastasia75

Anastasia75 New Member

Feb 19, 2023
    Thank you so much for posting. Did you also try chiropractic and acupuncture treatments? If yes, how did they turn out for you? For me personally, I tried both chiropractic and acupuncture for two months and they were not completely successful so I am going to reconsider MM'S protocol again. It's winter time here in Northern California and according to traditional Chinese medicine, we should not be drinking raw vegetable juice or eating raw vegetables during the season... So I'm feeling very conflicted. I tried medical medium after I got the flu 2 months ago. The flu lasted one week but my dehydration and ETD last much longer (2 months).

FYI: I have Eustachian tube dysfunction for two months (No tinnitus or vertigo)

9. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    hi Anastasia,

I tried chinese medicine and acupuncture. I did 2 months of weekly acupuncture and herbs, saw zero changes, although I enjoyed the visits as they were relaxing, but they did not reap any symptom changes for me. within one week of initial MM/Medical Medium diet I saw a change, and the changes were steady, even, across the subsequent months, and currently I continue to make strides in the last subtle symptoms I experience which. I am at the point now after 1.5 years on medical medium I can occasionally eat out some vegan 'junk' food and have the slightest flare of tinnintus, reprimanding me :). otherwise I eat a clean healthy diet and feel great, I have returned to my former 'life' and am not disabled as I was before MM/Medical Medium protocols. in all honesty and with respect to chinese medicine, the raw issues are not valid in my experience. in winter I do more steamed veggies and stews!, but still eat raw salads so I mix it up. in summer I try to eat more raw and do deeper cleaning work with as much raw fruit as possible, and summer seasonal veggies. raw foods (fruits, wild herbs, wild foods, veggies) are literally more alive, more living foods, and they have the greatest healing properties and power. less living foods (survival foods, definatly not preferred by the body) are literally dead animals, their byproducts, fermented foods, and of course processed/industrial foods. the better oils are also processed and not genuine health food....anyway! so if you are unhappy with your progress on acupuncture and TCM I would not hesitate to delve into MM/Medical Medium! if you have nothing to loose, it is such a healthful diet you might be preventing other issues that are stacking up on the horizon for you at the least. I don't specifically know about ETD, but if you are chronically dehydrated you are likely not eating enough fruit and living foods. Drink 32 oz water with fresh squeeze lemon first thing, or work up to that from 16 oz. then wait 30 min and do celery juice if you can. then wait 30 min ideally and make a big smoothie, i do heavy metal detox smoothie which is incredibly satisfying to my palate and stomach, but essentially what you want is to use the morning as only raw fruit and high hydration, no fats or grains. and snack on apples and dates through the day, so you will really feel full and satisfied, you cannot 'overeat' apples. the longer through the day you only eat fruits the deeper you will be cleaning your body, lunch is frequnetly do big plate of steamed potatos and a big colorful salad with lots of spices on top, cayenne, garlic, and at dinner might add a oil free stew or air fried potatos with steamed veggies or a different salad with avocado etc...good luck!!

10. Anastasia75

Anastasia75 New Member

Feb 19, 2023
    This is incredibly helpful. ETD = Eustation Tube Dysfunction (ear fullness pressure). Did you also get an MRI? Thank you so much for sharing and helping us. ❤️

11. Anastasia75

Anastasia75 New Member

Feb 19, 2023
    Thank you so much again! Have you tried MM's brain therapy shots? If so, which ones would you recommend? Thank you!!

12. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    hi Anastasia, I did get an MRI. which unfortunately gives a lot of radiation and was excrutiatingly loud...so glad no tumors were discovered etc but it may have set me back at that time somewhat. anyway I have tried some of the shots! I love the new Brain Saver book! my time doesn't allow me to do them but if I wasn't travlleing so much I would love to do them and integrate them! the priority for me is staying away from troublemaker foods, and keeping on the whole foods low fat plant based diet. so as long as I eat very clean my symptoms are very low and i continue to make overall progress . I eat the 'anti-bug' cleanse diet basically 99% of the time. so many ingredieants in the brain shots I am eating in other recipes. but I loved the few I had tried and would say they are pure concentrated medicine and worth exploring

13. Anastasia75

Anastasia75 New Member

Feb 19, 2023
    Hi Mary, thank you so much for taking time to respond back. You are such a kindred spirit. I wish I could hug you in person. What is the antibug cleanse? I left all of my books at home and I've been living out of a hotel on flat ground. My home is in the hills so that altitude changes create havoc on my plugged hearing. This way I can go to my doctor appointments on flat ground. I've been seeing an upper cervical chiropractor and various acupuncturist who think that I have Qi stagnation. Thanks to you, I will definitely incorporate medical medium protocols. Thank you so much for giving us hope. I hope you're doing well. It makes me so happy to hear that you're traveling considering how many of us worry about going on the airplane with our ear problems. Sending hugs and thanks to you.

14. Anastasia75

Anastasia75 New Member

Feb 19, 2023
    It's now March 2023. Could you update me on your progress? Did it work for you?

15. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    Hi Mary,

may I ask how long it takes for your hearing return to normal. I really need some encouragement. Thanks

16. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    hi, my heart goes out to you. you should be proud giving this healing modality a try, it takes a great deal of patience and perseverence. one month is not long but its a start. are you on the full anti-bug diet from cleanse to heal??, what are you eating exactly? have you removed just some, or all the troublemaker foods? if you can tell me that it would help. remember that caffiene as well is relevant, and again, you are dealing with a body that is 'clogged' with a lifetime of fats in the liver, that take a good while to expell, and 'starve' the pathogens causing the inflammation. it is a very very patient road to take, not a quick fix. even removing the biggest culprits eggs, dairy, gluten and cheap oils, is not enough but its a huge huge step forward. when you are high viral load it takes a huge shift. have you seen any improvement? again just give me more details. blessings.

17. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    hi yes, my progress is excellent, the more low fat and pure clean veg and fruits i eat the best i feel. so, the anti - bug cleanse is the easiest general cleanse of the medical medium cleanse to heal book. that is how i generally eat. very low grains, just a little gf oats, but high carbs-critical clean carbs of bananas and potatos, tons of fruits, tons of veggies, w/o oils salt and nuts and just a little avocado day to day. lots of raw honey, lots of maple syrup, lots of herbs and spices etc.

18. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    Thanks, Mary. I am plant based diet. Eat a lot of raw vegetables and fruits every day. I did feel better with this diet. Last month, I was travelling and was not on track on my diet. I am following Dr Brooke golden diet now and but I still eat cooked food. My hearing is fluctuating still. I am wondering how long it takes for your hearing return to normal.
    Thanks

19. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    Hi Mary, I am curious about your hearing improvement . Can you timeline the progress. I really thinks foods are the medicine. It is important to reduce the inflammation. But I

20. Mike from Swindon

Mike from Swindon New Member

Oct 30, 2022
    Sorry for the massive delay in replying :)

Well the hearing loss was pretty much total during attacks, but between times it returned to maybe 70% function. Having now eliminated the attacks, by excluding gluten (or keeping it very low) its now permanently at that 70% level.