1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Sound Pharmaceuticals announces completion of patient enrollment in the Phase 2b Meniere's Disease c

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by jkc, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I was in both trials. I have some previous posts on it.

It is an anti inflammatory. It essentially does what steroids cant do in the inner ear. It reduces inflammation thus lowering symptoms. It is a pill that somehow it gets to the inner ear. As we all know...steroids currently can't.

I am looking forward to seeing the Phase 2 numbers. Phase 1 were good.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Jacqui

Jacqui Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Athens, Greece
  3. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Really great news. A lot of scientific progress on this front, thankfully.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    This could be a dream come true if it really works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
  7. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    We all impatiently are waiting for SPI-1005 (Ebselen) to be approved by FDA to treat MD symptoms, but maybe NOW the solution is already available and it’s cheap and available, unlike Ebselen, also safe and you don’t need the prescription!

So what I had found in the internet:

SPI-1005 (Ebselen) mimics and induces glutathione peroxidase. NAC is also glutathione precursor.

Ebselen and NAC, both potentiate the glutathione peroxidase pathway. These two compounds were capable of increasing endothelial glutathione levels.

This efficient mechanism of action allows SPI-1005 (Ebselen) to work at low oral doses, unlike antioxidants such as n-acetylcysteine (NAC).

Both SPI-1005 (Ebselen) and NAC protects ophthalmic and otological structures from oxidative damage.

So, if I am right, SPI-1005 and NAC works in very similar ways. Only SPI-1005 (Ebselen) is more efficient and needed low oral doses to reach the effect comparing with NAC.

What are your thoughts?

8. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
  9. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    Is not available

10. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    I get nac and pine bark

11. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    While we are waiting for Ebselen to be approved for the Meniere's disease and hoping that treatment will be available for everyone in terms of price and will be effective, my proposal is to find alternatives with which we can mimic Ebselen’s properties.
    More about this here:
    Has anyone tried to get Ebselen (SPI-1005) online?