1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Pressure/Fullness & Hearing Loss. No Spinning

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Steve1987, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Steve1987

Steve1987 New Member

Jun 22, 2019
    Hey guys, I feel everyones pain here. Ive been going through this forum since my symptoms started back on Jan 2nd 2019. Although I only have this feeling of pressure/fullness that becomes worse very gradually by days. I have hearing loss on both ears, i believe in the low tones mostly. Please note I do not have spinning sensation like meniers disease although at times I do feel very light headed like im about to loose my balance. Based on my research I have cochlear hydrops. What makes my symptoms better is Turmeric in liquid form that i buy from costco. Ive tried the pill form too which was good but once i tried the liquid form i never went back to the pills. Please note that this is not an advertisement, and i just need help and am sharing my experience. This is not a cure but once i start taking it within 1 week my pressure/fullness diminishes by alot where i feel i can live normal. I still have this feeling of muffled hearing though all the time. Ive been to many doctors and basically no one has been able to help. I tell them that turmeric helps my symptoms and they have no clue what im saying. They have no suggestions on what might help except for low salt diet and diuretics. I tried low salt diet and diuretics but it didn't make a difference. The reason for my post is to try and find others or even get any reasoning as to why turmeric helps my symptoms. This leads me to believe that I have some sort of inflammation in my ears that doesn't go away. As soon I start to feel great I stop taking turmeric and have a beer or 2 daily or even eat some sweets and symptoms start to climb back up with a increased tense feeling of pressure and fullness. It makes me feel like shooting my ears! If there is a doctor on this forum, can you please lead me in the right direction as to why turmeric helps my symptoms and if there is something better I can take that would eradicate this problem in my ears. I have it in both ears. I strongly believe it is inflammation related otherwise turmeric would help me feel better. I feel like there is some stronger inflammation medication i can take that might make me feel much better! Anyone have any suggestion I would very much appreciate it! Thank you in advance!!!!!

2. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    There are no doctors in this forum, you should keep looking for a good otoneurologist to examine you. For now you do not have the three symptoms necessary for it to be Meniere (vertigo, tinnitus and hearing loss) there are many things that can cause hearing loss and pressure in the ears without being Meniere.

Most likely, they suspect you have Meniere and are waiting for you to develop all the symptoms before telling you. Anyway, I would look for a good otoneurologist and insist on looking for other causes (starting with an MRI) because if you do not have Meniere and it is something that has a cure, you are living unnecessarily badly.

Most people with Meniere find relief using medications for inflammation, but that is not the cure, it is just temporary relief and unfortunately there is no anti-inflammatory that can be taken every day without serious side effects. What you are looking for are called corticosteroids, they are the best for inflammations, but no doctor will prescribe them for more than 15 days, although the strange thing is that they have not already prescribed it because it is the first thing an ENT prescribes in cases that may be Meniere to rule out other possible diseases such as vestibular neuronitis. And in any case the side effects during those 15 days are also horrible: Hunger all day, bloated body, sudden mood swings, headaches, etc.

Natural and safer anti-inflammatories that you can add to turmeric: Chamomile, pineapple, ginger, horsetail, garlic, apple pectin (there is it in capsules, but it would be the skin of apples), lemon bioflavonoids.

If you insist on not seeing an otoneurologist and simply want advice from this forum, you can look at the database where there are several alternative treatments that have worked for some people: osteopathy, JOH, high doses of B5 / B6 and Antivirals are the ones that have more success; but in Meniere there is no single cure for all. You will have to go looking for information about what your cause may be and try things.

Good luck!

P.D: Please use paragraphs when writing. The google translator has gone crazy to understand your text.

3. Steve1987

Steve1987 New Member

Jun 22, 2019
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My symptoms started Jan 2 2019. I have been to many ents and two otoneurologist. Only the last doctor which was an otonerologist decided to say that i might have cochlear hydrops. During the first 6 months to 1 year of my symptoms I did many hearing tests (8) of them showing 5-15 db loss across all frequencies, middle ear tests, MRI, cat scan of my head, and they couldn't find anything. No one seems to understand let alone offer any help. I can feel my hearing has declined progressively a lot since my symptoms started about two years ago. I feel a lot more muffleness now. If I stop taking my turmeric i start to feel extreme pressure and fullness. It feels as if a balloon is blowing up in my ears and hearing gets more muffled. While I take turmeric my symptoms are still here but i would say in the mild stage. This is crazy, unbelievable disease! I was totally fine before Jan 2nd. Went to sleep the previous day and woke up with this symptoms next day. How is this possible. Anyhow just wanted to share my story and also see if anyone has a better cure.
    Thank you!

4. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Your description does not fit with a classic Meniere either, the normal thing in Meniere is to progressively develop the symptoms. I lost my hearing at the end of 2016, the tinnitus came in December 2019 and the vertigo in February 2020 for example. There is no specific order of how the symptoms can manifest, but the most common is that they appear little by little and not all together as in your case. Also in your case he does not have Meniere's symptoms, at least not for now.

Another thing that is different from Meniere is that you say you have lost 5-15db in all frequencies, but in Meniere you do not usually lose hearing in all frequencies at the same time, you usually start losing hearing in the low frequencies. Only when the disease has evolved a lot does it begin to damage the rest of the frequencies.

You may have Meniere, I'm not a doctor to say so. I would keep looking for a good otoneurologist until I find someone who can bring me something new. And I know it is difficult because I have already seen six ENT practitioners and they did not even agree on whether or not I have Meniere.

Anyway, if you want to try other things you can:
    -Do some blood tests looking for: Herpes virus, diabetes, cholesterol, iron anemia, vitamin D or B12. If you have a problem with any of this, treat it, they can be the cause of hearing loss and inflammation in the inner ear (it is rare that this happens, but we are talking about a rare disease)

-Leave gluten and improve your intestinal flora. Find a doctor who will advise you on this and tell you what probiotics, prebiotics and perhaps antifungal to take. Gluten intolerance can cause (very rare) symptoms in the inner ear.

-Test you for allergies to both food and external agents (animals, metals, etc). An allergy can also cause inner ear symptoms.

-Have an X-ray of your cervicals and go to an osteopath to treat possible muscle contractures in your neck and back that may be affecting the blood circulation from the neck to the ear.

-Treat the teeth looking for possible infections in the gums that have not yet manifested with pain, but are already there. Check that you do not have TMJ as well, remove your wisdom teeth if you have them, it is also rare that it happens, but there is at least one clinical case of a woman with vertigo and tinnitus for two years with no known cause that was cured because she went to the dentist remove wisdom teeth when they hurt.

Good luck!

5. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I can not recall ever having been as eager to read what remains of a sentence, or ever having been as interested in establishing context, than I was after having read the above multiple times.

6. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    I did not review after using the corrector, but I wanted to say was: Get/Take/Do an X-ray of your cervicals. :(

7. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    It's not your sentence, which is grammatically correct, nor your english at play, but rather my mind—which is difficult to live with at times—& the english language itself.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Steve1987

Steve1987 New Member

Jun 22, 2019
    Thank you IvanA. You're very helpful. I wish you and Nathan the best. Ill keep trying. Have a blessed day :)

9. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Find a NUCCA Chiropractor to check your neck alignment>

10. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    This is what the cervical X-ray is for and my recommendation to go to an osteopath, but in the US chiropractors have a good reputation and they would also be valid (in my country they are considered almost shamans).

11. Ledwards

Ledwards Member

Jun 7, 2020
    turmeric helps with inflammation so I’m sure there’s something to that. And surprised they did not give you prednisone for hearing loss? That should be a step the ent does.

12. hurricaneone

hurricaneone Member

May 20, 2014
    There is one more thing to try . I found out recently That I grind my teeth. I have had a mouth guard made by my dentist. The dentist thinks teeth grinding can have a effect on ears . I hope this helps me with tinnitus and inflammation. Give this some consideration. Sleep Apnea also is a consideration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    You can try this, there are reports that this enzyme is helping:

Serrapeptase

TMJ