1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I have healed myself 90% in three months, this is how

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mary of the West, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    Hi there, I have very good news to share about my promising healing of bilateral Meniere's.

(I posted last month but I don't think many saw the post and details of my back story getting sick and diagnosed (see it under the title : Medical Medium Protocol or this link:

Medical Medium Protocol)

Using the book Cleanse to Heal by Anthony Williams I have healed my bilateral Meniere's 90%+ in three months. He clearly explains that Meniere's is viral inflammation of the Vagus nerves, those nerves pass through the ears.

I was diagnosed last summer 2021, so this is really good news to share, and ethically I wanted to post again so folks who could be helped by this book ($17 and it gave me my life back, its also free at the library) would notice this information.

I was willing to change my diet to one that is very low fat (our high fat diet feeds viruses such as the one that causes Meniere's often, Epstein barr virus) and slowly incorporate mostly anti-viral foods as the primary basis of my diet (holy four: fruits, veggies, herbs, and wild foods). Additionally, I go adding the recommended supplements clearly outlined in the book into my arsenal. If you are willing to do that, it might be a solution for you too.

Honestly this takes will power and discipline, and sacrifice, but the results have been steady and my doctor was dumbfounded. And I am back to feeling fully functional, back to work, making plans. There has been a learning curve and a letting go of my old habits and comforts, and adopting new ones, but my life is worth it.

I am incredibly, incredibly grateful to have stumbled on Medical Medium aka Anthony Williams, all his books are great but specifically CLEANSE TO HEAL is my guidebook.

I will detail some of that below, but the book Cleanse to Heal is a 'how to' book, it is incredibly clear and informative with its diet recommendations, guide to beginner to advanced cleanses, and addresses virally caused auto immune diseases individually, and lists supplements, and lists these for Meniere's as well as tinnitus and Vertigo. The progress has been rapid and steady, I started with simple changes, and noticing big results, decided to fully embrace the diet and incorporate more advanced cleanses.

The symptoms I am healing /healed using this book:
    Tinnitus (90% gone)
    Ear Fullness (90% gone)
    Vertigo and dizziness (100% gone!)
    Headaches, heart palpitations, anxiety(100% gone)

Please follow him on Instagram to see many testimonials of people healing, of many free healing recipes, and a community of people healing from chronic illness.

Meanwhile, here are two lists to get you started, excerpted from Cleanse to Heal, but again the book is sooooo worth it!

First, a list of troublemaker foods in order of priority to reduce/eliminate depending on how fast you want to heal (re extensively explained in the book of WHY they are troublemakers for viral illness/chronically ill people):

Level 1: eggs, dairy, gluten
    Level 2: pork, tuna, corn
    Level 3: Industrial food oils (vegetable oil, palm oil, canola oil, corn oil, safflower oil, soybean oil), Soy, Lamb, Fish and seafood (other than salmon trout and sardines)
    Level 4: Vinegar (including apple cider vinegar), fermented foods, caffeine (including matcha and chocolate)
    Level 5: Grains (other than millet and oats) and all oils (even healthier ones, olive , walnut, avocado, etc)

And for faster healing results: cut out salt and seasonings (pure spices ok), avoid radical fats for a period, and limit or remove alcohol, natural / artificial flavors, nutritional yeast, citric acid, aspartame, artificial sweeteners, MSG, preservatives

Second a full exceperted list from Cleanse to heal of supplements and info on Vertigo and Meniere's Disease:

True cause: Vertigo is caused by one or more of the over 60 varieties of Epstein-Barr virus releasing neurotoxins that adhere to the vagus nerve, inflaming and irritating it. This causes a range of symptoms, including dizziness or the feeling that you're on a moving boat, since the vagus nerve is mainly responsible for equilibrium. With Meniere's the theoretical belief that calcium crystals and stones cause this disease is inaccurate. In truth, Meniere's is neurological, caused by low-grade viral infection affecting the vagus nerves and nerves inside the inner ear.

supplements:
    -fresh celery juice
    -Celeryforce
    -Barley grass juic powder
    -B-complex
    -Cat's claw
    -Chaga mushroom
    -Curcumin
    -EPA and DHA (fish free)
    -Eyebright
    -Lemon balm
    -L glutamine
    -Licorice root
    -L Lysine
    -Lomatium root
    -Magnesium glycinate
    -Monolaurin =
    -Mullein leaf
    -Olive Leaf
    -Spirulina
    -Vit B12 as adnosylcobalamin with methylcobalamin
    -Vit C as Micro-C
    -Wild Blueberry powder
    -Zinc (as liquid zinc sulfate)

Anthony Williams the author encourages that it is not about perfection, or following everything to a perfect T. I don't take every supplement , but many, and many in smaller doses as I can't afford or swallow that many pills! but I am still healing!

Sure hope this will lead some people to some healing information, that for me personally has been absolutely lifesaving and done more to heal this bewildering affliction than I dreamed imaginable 3 months ago.

ps I got Covid over the holidays, and my ear fullness and tinnitus flared up, so annoying. I did the advanced cleanse from the book when I was done with Covid, and things are back to where I was, with just a light tinnintus in both ears and an occasional feeling of fullness, back on track to keep chipping away and starving the Epstein Barr virus out of my system. I hope to completely recover from all my symptoms, and wish the same for you.

Blessings, Mary

• Like Like x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Christian S

Christian S New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    I am happy for you, truly. I actually bought the book when I read your original post. I will give it a try!

3. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Very interesting! Thank you for posting in such detail. I will get the book.
    Your Level1 to Level 5- which is worse, 1 or 5?

What specifically do you eat? What about chicken? Fish like cod, mahi-mahi - ok or not?

I have a really difficult time finding foods that I can eat while golfing. I just bought a bunch of Ensure and other low glycemic meal replacement types of drinks - usually they are somewhat high in fat to give you calories without the sugar rush. Also got some Keto fat bombs LOL - sigh.

4. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    hi, Level 1 is the worst for sure! I noticed huge improvements after quitting eggs just in one week, I was a big egg eater!

Medical Medium books, and again Instagram, and his website are full of free recipes, tons of delicious snacks and ideas geared for those of us on the path to healing. Please explore...there is so many things that could inspire you

So, I am trying to eat plant based but I have eaten a little chicken a couple times and salmon and sardines just a few times. beans and lentils are what I eat several times a week, but they are not a cleansing food either. on his cleanses I eat only fruits, veggies, wild foods and herbs. The main thing Anthony says is when we eat grains and meats, they are not healing foods but filler. So we are slowing down our healing. but you can still heal being carnivore, its just slower progress, the best is to eat healing foods as our full meal when we are chronically ill.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    • Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  5. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Did your hearing loss improve? Did you do any audiometry after the diet? Thanks

6. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    yes my hearing has improved! somehow I omited that in the list.

I haven't gone for a formal test, and I will, but my hypersensativity to sound has been greatly relieved, I feel it is almost entirely relieved, 90%. I hear much better, the strange distortion of sound has dimished almost entirely. When my symptoms were at their worst, I could hardly sit still anywhere, because if it was silent the tinnitus was tormenting me, and if I was around noise from music, tv, cars passing, dogs barking, it was very upsetting.

Also, I am a musician, and over the past weeks I have gradually been able to listen and enjoy music again (thank heavens) and with patience due to great frustration, I am playing music daily, on the piano and guitar. At the worst moment I could not tolerate the sounds, frequencies, and overtones of my instruments.

• Like Like x 1
  7. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    5000IU of vitamin D-3 should be included, to support the immune system.

• Like Like x 2
  8. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    The problem I am seeing is that this protocol is not cheap at all, especially if it is for life. There are many supplements. Are you taking them all?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    There is no one solution for everybody, but it may offer ideas and hope to some. Please read for yourself and explore to see make your own decision! I offered but a very small excerpt from a detailed book, Cleanse to Heal, which is free at the library and widely available for purchase under 20 dollars. Being sick is more expensive than anything.

As I said in another reply, I am taking about 1/2 to 3/4 of the supplements as I can afford and access. I am juicing celery daily which is one of the most important medicinal parts of Medical Medium protocol. All these changes in my diet are also healing other auto-immune issues beyond Meniere's that I have by the way, it has been a learning curve and adaptation because it is not easy to change our life long eating habits. If you are able to try things that make sense to you, and see good results, I encourage you to dive deeper as your budget and lifestyle permit. My own life fell completely apart due to Meniere's, so I had nothing to loose.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Are you certain that you have Meniere's? Damage to the inner ear cannot be repaired. Tinnitus emanates from the brain so how does this system/plan cure it? Good on you for eating a healthy diet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    What is this about tinnitus emanating from the brain? I had understood that it was caused by damage to the hair cells, if they are not dead and only damaged, it is possible to recover them (hence the fluctuation in hearing capacity in Meniere).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
  13. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Although we hear tinnitus in our ears, its source is really in the networks of brain cells (what scientists call neural circuits) that make sense of the sounds our ears hear. A way to think about tinnitus is that it often begins in the ear, but it continues in the brain.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
  15. cindiefrap

cindiefrap New Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Florida
    I’ve actually 10,000 (just because of the virus going around) Also I did add zinc & Quercitin (sp) ENT was ok it. Thanks for this regimen

16. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    yes, I was officially diagnosed with Meniere's, with several hearing tests and an MRI to rule out acoustic neuroma. the symptoms I have experienced check every box of Menieres. My hearing tests showed left ear low frequency loss and a little bit on the right ear.

from what I have read, it is the vertigo attacks that cause more permanent hearing damage.
    So, I had on vertigo attack back in September, before starting the Medical Medium protocol.

Again, adapting gradual to the anti-viral diet of Cleanse to Heal and integrating cleanses slowly hear and there, reversed many symptoms, such as headaches, dizziness, vertigo, brain fog, sound intolerance/sensitivity and a significant reduction of tinnitus. I don't feel dizzy at all. So, if that is true, perhaps this diet approach could help people prevent permanent hearing loss by preventing vertigo. That is a big deal and worth trying for people who are currently unsatisfied with where they are

This forum exists because nobody has the one answer. If there were a pill to solve this, we all would have taken it! It is currently evident that healing or managing Meniere's may require different approaches or combinations of approaches for different folks. However, anti-virals assist people I read here. So, if the food/supplements we are ingesting can potentially also contribute to our healing as medicine, that makes a lot of sense to also reduce the amount of virus-fighting the body has to do by eating in a way that is proven for many to be anti-viral, which the Medical Medium diet is clearly doing for many hundreds of thousands of people around the world (his books are published in many many languages, for a good reason).

The pro of this has been for me that I did not go to any doctor for this healing. It involves learning from the book and making slow adaptation to the diet. And slowly building a healthy group of supplements, most I get from Vimergy which is highly recomended by Anthony Williams (there are no troublemaker additives in their supplements which is important for people who are trying to reverse chronic disease/auto-immune)

Trust me I would love to eat anything I want without any consequence and be done with Meniere's.

However, as I observe 90% of my symptoms are reversed since adopting this protocol of Medical Medium, (some tinnitus is the only lingering symptom, and a bit of ear fullness) investing in this is such a gift, and giving up the foods contributing to my really debilitating symptoms is a minor sacrifice in this respect. Again, it was really daunting at first until I saw the good results, I took it step by step. I was as skeptical as any of you might be and should be, but I'm glad I did not dismiss this information

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  17. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    As soon as I save the money I'll buy the book to see if I'm lucky and get some hearing back.

18. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Mary - did you ever try anti-viral drugs like Famvir, Valacyclovir?

19. Mike B

Mike B Member

May 26, 2017
    Mary, glad to hear of your success with your dietary program. What your
    proposing seems like a massive dietary change. For me, I'm a meat and
    taters lover, with emphasis on the bacon..afraid I'd starve to death if
    I tried to change it.

You say you had a vertigo attack back in September. Is that the only
    instance of vertigo you've experienced?

Like others, I've had this disease for a long time. Laby in my right ear
    in Jan. '09, then went bi-lateral about 2011.

One thing to consider is that Meniere's is often episodic, and can take
    a vacation, sometimes for a year or more, and then comes roaring back
    with a vengeance. The JoH diet has proven itself to be helpful over a period
    of many years, and I hope in years to come that alternative diets like this can
    be "fine tuned" to the most effective/beneficial supplements.

In your first post, you said: "With Meniere's the theoretical belief that
    calcium crystals and stones cause this disease is inaccurate."

Yes, it's inaccurate..Calcium crystals and stones cause BPPV; I've never heard
    anyone speak of such a theory that Meniere's could be caused by either.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Lilja

Lilja Member

Sep 14, 2021
    Dear Mary, dear all,
    I have a basic question, as we have studied doctors in Germany and a quite well functioning healthcare system - what is a medical medium? Kind of a shaman?
    I'm very glad you have experienced relief, maybe because of your diet.
    I am the last one not experiencing astonishing things.:confused:
    I had my last episode of Vertigo attacks in May 21. Before I had two years without any major attacks, but always feeling very weak and dizzy .
    In October I had an accident with a broken shoulder. Since then, I had nearly no problems with my MD.
    I would not say I am healed, or my accident healed me, but I have quite a healthy phase. For what I'm really really grateful. My cane 1 needed for four years is in the cellar now, and I am climbing walls in the gym.
    Best wishes!
    Lilja

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1