1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I have healed myself 90% in three months, this is how

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mary of the West, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    wonderful, hope you share details of your experience with the forum as you explore and implement dietary changes.

2. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    wonderful, good luck

3. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    I didn't. I started 2 months after diagnosis implementing step by step anti-viral foods as outlined in Cleanse to Heal, and eliminating foods that feed viruses. I saw results within one week. After four months I am 90% healed doing this, so I feel I am on the right track. I would prefer to avoid big pharma etc as I am having steady remission of my symptoms. Eating all the foods I crave is not as important to me as healing and feeling better! Also, my other chronic illnesses and issues are being helped, my overall health is much better. For me this has been a godsend.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021

5. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    Hi Lilja, I approached Medical Medium as a sceptic. Really the only thing that matters to me is, do I see results? It is pretty black and white. Regardless of the spirituality of the writer, as with any healer or any doctor (most of whom have a spiritual belief by the way), we want to see if there work shows results. For me personally, in one week I saw elimination of caustic symptoms and after 4 months I am 90% relieved of Meniere's symptoms. I would love to hear from others if they try this diet. It is only a diet, thats it. You don't have to relate to the writers spirituality. You can also read thousands of testimonies of people healed by Cleanse to Heal or other Medical Medium books of 'mystery' illnesses that have viral root as their cause, that is not currently recognized by Standard Medicine. Everyday, they are catching up. Now, they are publishing articals that MS and Fibro are linked to Epstein Barr Virus (as is Meniere's, according to the book and my experience). Anthony William has been saying this for decades. So, its up to you. Nothing to loose experimenting with diet, you may or may not see improvement, however I would hate for someone to miss out on information that has been so radically helpful to me.

Anyway, it makes sense that a virally caused illness would be erratic. It makes sense to me that people have strange remissions etc. Perhaps by understanding how our diet directly correlates, we can help control and direct ourselves from subsequent activation of the illness.

So glad you are feeling better, and with very best wishes for you on your healing path!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lilja

Lilja Member

Sep 14, 2021
    Thank you, dear Mary. I have lost a lot of time and money with alternative medicine. But: as a matter of fact I would paint my nose blue if it helps.
    I haven't eaten a single egg or dairy products nor dead chicken or cows since the year Kurt Cobain died. Have been on a healthy diet since the late seventies of the last century. But I am ill with diabetes and food allergies.
    It' s not fair...
    Here in Germany the viral causes of MD are not discussed. I will ask my doctor when I see him next time.
    Thank you again for you explanations and your good wishes. Best wishes to you also.

7. Mike B

Mike B Member

May 26, 2017
    Mary, gotta ask again...you've only had the one vertigo attack?

As for "cleansing", have a bowl of my wife's chili and you'll learn all about it. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Lilja

Lilja Member

Sep 14, 2021
    [QUOTE for "cleansing", have a bowl of my wife's chili and you'll learn all about it. ;)[/QUOTE]
    You made my day, Mike. Greetings to your wife!

• Like Like x 1
  9. JJtravels

JJtravels New Member

Jul 11, 2022

10. JJtravels

JJtravels New Member

Jul 11, 2022
    This is wonderful news! I tried following Medical Medium starting back in 2018 before I ever had vestibular issues because I had a very serious case of EBV when I was much younger and had developed intermittent BPPPV every 6 months or so. I took lysine and drank celery juice religiously. 90 days into the protocol, in December 2018 I had a vestibular event that was originally thought to be BPPV brought on by vestibular neuritis. The dizziness and bouts of vertigo continued. I had testing and there was 10% unilateral loss on my right side. I discontinued my Medical Medium protocol (but continued lysine because it is considered an anti-herpetic/antiviral). I appeared to be stable with just "regular" dizziness until May of 2021 when I decided to resume Medical Medium. Two days into my celery juice regimen, I had a flare of vertigo with horrible light sensitivity, imbalance, nausea, etc. I discontinued the celery juice and spent months in vestibular rehab and had additional testing. I was diagnosed with vestibular migraine and put on a protocol of Effexor 75mg and Ubrelvy for breakthrough events. I was feeling better! Then in January 2022 I resumed the celery juice and again on day 2 I had an episode of vertigo. I took my migraine medicine, returned to vestibular rehab, and discontinued celery juice (a key piece of the Medical Medium protocol). Then two days ago, I decided to add monolaurin (one of the Medical Medium recommended supplements) as I had read on this forum and elsewhere about its incredible anti-viral properties. You guessed it, two days into taking it, I am having a vertigo flare today.
    All this to say, what's happening is likely viral, but I am very, very concerned about continuing or attempting to resume celery juice or the recommended protocol because of the symptom flare. I already follow much of his recommended diet (though I definitely had more dietary fat this weekend). It's so wonderful to hear about your success and inspiring, but I am so concerned about riding out the flares. How did you manage that?

11. Mike B

Mike B Member

May 26, 2017
    JJ, once you determined that the celery juice was triggering these vertigo
    events, why did you continue to try and take it?

Once I figured out that caffeine and alcohol were triggering attacks,
    I wanted nothing to do with either. I wouldn't give a rats patootie about
    whether it was included in some diet, or not, because the stuff is never
    entering my body again.

Old story...a guys arm is hurting..so, he goes to the Dr.

Dr. So, Mr. Smith, what seems to be the problem?

Smith: Dr., it hurts every time I do this with my arm.

Dr. Well, then don't do that with your arm. :D

12. JJtravels

JJtravels New Member

Jul 11, 2022
    Oh I hear you. When I first started drinking celery juice in 2018, it was before I had chronic dizziness and episodic vertigo. A few months after I started drinking it, I developed dizziness and vertigo that essentially didn't go away. I didn't even think it had anything to do with the celery juice since I was drinking it for months. Eventually I stopped it but the daily dizziness and bouts of vertigo continued. I didn't try celery juice again until May 2021. Two days after having it, I developed my worst bout of positional vertigo and vestibular migraine. Then in January of 2022, I thought I'd try celery juice again. Two days later, vertigo. Needless to say I haven't had it since. The thing is, celery juice is supposed to act as a natural anti-viral. Who knows if this is true. All I know is I won't try it again. Today's vertigo seems to have been triggered by using a supplement - Lauricidin - that is considered an anti-viral as well for two days. I don't know what the magic is in the two day mark or in anything that is supposedly anti-viral, but my body doesn't seem to like it.

13. Christian S

Christian S New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    It is very hard contributing a single thing to how your MD does on a daily basis. Yes, sometimes it is obvious. Often it is not. It is fact that a virus can go in a more active state when "attacked". I have no idea whether the celery did that or the lauricidin. I know that celery has A LOT of salt, sodium as well as potassium. Overall, celery IS a very healthy food but it does have that salt... . It is possible that Anthony William is a complete fool. I did his diet etc twice, but not long enough to be sure whether it helped. I will make a new attempt at some point, I am sure. Probably when desperation sets in. A few weeks back I had some blood work done at a alternative medicine clinic. I had had a "primary EBV infection" a while back. I had not noticed that at all. I dont remember anything related to that. But I was a little shocked. I asked them whether that was just due to the fact that 90-95% of the populus have EBV. No, they said there was an actual major event with the virus. I am trying micro-immune-therapy at the moment. I will surely post any noteworthy results here.

14. JJtravels

JJtravels New Member

Jul 11, 2022
    Yes I hear you about the celery and the salt content. That said, I am fascinated by the fact that I have had events at the two day mark for both lauricidin and celery juice. I did have a very severe case of EBV during college many years ago and since then never did quite feel "right." I also developed many of the conditions that Anthony Williams associate with EBV including POTS/autonomic neuropathy, a host of gut issues, and migraine and recurrent BPPV. When I've brought up EBV in association with these conditions to my medical doctors, including infectious disease, they demurred and said "who knows." Did you have any flare of your MD symptoms during the time of your primary EBV infection?

15. Christian S

Christian S New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    No. I didnt even know I had a primary infection! I never had issues with any herpetic virus. Then my bloodwork showed I, in fact, did! However, that still doesnt mean it is the reason for my MD. But it is certainly among the top things I would like to go after. I just dont know and I cannot just get the kind of medication I would like to try out.
    I am just back from my ENT, whom I trust completely, and he told me he is frustrated he cannot truly help me and that there just isnt enough research in terms of MD. He said he suspects infection, the endolymphatic hydrops is pretty much proven. But what kind of infection? Viral infection, going for the nerves, or even perhaps triggering an unwanted autoimmune response, thats what he suspects. I think this is what many many big names in the Meniere game suspect, too. And it makes sense.

But general medicine has a blind spot when it comes to viruses.

16. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    general medicine indeed has a blind spot with viruses! lets see...an update after many months, I continue to follow Anthony Williams protocols for my diet and am stable and continue to do well with minor symptoms only. when I eat more fats, I get more tinnitus and a bit of needing to pop my ears. I find it so uncomfortable i always pull back into the safety of the Medical Medium diet. travelling, no problems with air travel thankfully, its been very encouraging that life can get close to normal with great care and diligence. it is not as easy as before because i have to plan my meals with more care, keeping to 99% low fat vegan, but i can't complain. Anthony is not a fool, he is close to a saint in my book, got me on my feet and out of the darkest hole of my life honestly, and I remain incredibly grateful for all the info, and his protocols on other issues covered in his books are helping many friends and family with other viral complaints, from psoriasis to gut issues. anyway, while travelling i have stopped celery juice for 3 months and I miss it, but recognize if other parts of the diet are in place i have enought to support my body and keep healthy and fully functional. originally i'd been concerned about salt in celery juice, as salt was the only thing the doctor said to reduce in my diet when first I was diagnosed with Meniere's (totally the tip of a massive iceberg, almost hilarious in retrospect) but the salt in cerely juice never once bothered me or caused an issue. when I return to the US I will resume juicing celery. JJ Travels, I 'm curious you mention you'd followed AW protocols before, but did you follow them fully or just Celery Juice? because that seems only one facet of a very multi-faceted approach, one that I've had to embrace very fully, especially the first 6 months of my recuperation for Meniere's. Now I do remain diligent on the general anti-viral diet, with a number of supplements and additionally I do a monthly 9 day/369 no fat cleanse, which by day 9 my symptoms are so low (any tinnitus and ear-fullness, as well as other viral problems, tmj jaw issues, and plantar fasciatis) that I am very gratified and happy that just by pausing the few good overt fats I eat the rest of the month (like avocado, very small amount of tahini/nuts/coconut milk or oil) by doing this I feel its taking my healing deeper, resting the liver, and starving the virus, with very positive physical relief /results. now this last week I had a tiny bit of cheese, the second time in 9 months I dared to nibble, and it flared my tinnitus up, really aggravating. it almost feels like their is a fragility, I can't imagine how terrible it would feel to eat many foods one year ago I was eating. that will be the last dairy I touch in a very very long while. I think its so clear to me that viruses love especially eggs/dairy/gluten and all the other foods that are critical to eliminate, when are suffering from auti-immune/viral condition, its paramount to try to starve the viruses, who eat the stuff and then excrete in our body, their excretions are part of what make us sick.

17. Lucio

Lucio Member

Nov 1, 2019
    If you only ate vegan or almost vegan, without all those supplements, how much of the results would you see? Have you tried it?

Can you eat pasta?

18. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    hi Lucio,

yes i did try just mostly vegan diet at first. more on that, but to answer your other pasta question,
    I don't eat any wheat/gluten at all, so I am a low-fat, gluten free 99% vegan diet. occasionally I eat a lentil pasta or a quinoa pasta. there is a new thing which is sweet potato pasta, its more like the texture of rice noodles, which I like and as it is potato has more to offer than grains.

if you eat any grains, even non-gluten ones, try to avoid fats in combination. its not that gluten free grains are necessarily bad, but so rarely do we eat grains without oil/butter/avocado, etc. that combo is tricky in that it creates insulin resistance, which is explained in cleanse to heal. it basically really burdens your liver. the problem with people with chronic illness is our livers are very dirty and have never had a break. so insulin resistance puts a lot of extra pressure and our bodies can't fight the virus that is inflaming our nerves in our ears. what we need is to thin our blood, lower fats, and get healthy glucose from potatos, bananas, and eat lots of the best leafy greens, veggies, and fruits, the sicker you are the bigger the break you need from fats and just pure fruits/veggies.

later, as far as going vegan without the supplements, I started out exploring Medical Medium diet step by step, first with his instructions for simple food elimination of viral causing foods, saw immediate improvement, then slowly incorporated supplements later. we all have to try our own path, depending on our circumstances.

for my recommendation to someone just starting out trying to heal Meniere's through diet, I would say definately quit immediately the red flag top tier priority 'no' foods : eggs, dairy, gluten, (of course soft drinks and conventional sugar/processed foods), and lower salt to the minimum. try that and see what you feel.

if you notice improvement, continue by eliminating the next tiers, GMO foods like corn and soy, pork, tuna etc, etc...all that I listed already in the the first note of this thread, and is thoroughly outlined in Anthony William book Cleanse to Heal, which has been the guide to my healing and recovery.

anyway, after 1 week quitting eggs I saw a huge drop in debilitating headaches, and I knew I was on to something, it gave me such hope and after 2 months of exploring just food alone I felt as Meniere's being so debilitating to begin invest slowly in different supplements, and juicing celery, which is like an herbal medicine all of its own. key supplements for me are cats claw, lysine, b-12, vit D, zinc. i try to take those every day, and alternate others, such as licorice root, nettle, ashwaganda, mullein, and others from the book.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  19. Lucio

Lucio Member

Nov 1, 2019
    So basically legumes, vegetables and fruits.

Seems really hard to stick to it. Especially now that it's hot, eating how lentils or beans isn't easy.

Why is gluten bad? If we eat normal pasta without fats is it ok or still bad? Say just pasta and tomato sauce or pasta with basil. No oil.

20. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    hi Lucio, the book cleanse to heal explains in depth and clear layman's words why gluten is bad if we are suffering from chronic illness. its better you read it, the book it only 17$ and worth its weight in gold.

it is hot now, so i make steamed potatos in the morning before its hot, and keep them in the fridge. then i eat a big plate of potatos with a big salad for lunch and dinner, they can be cold. potatos are incredibly antiviral full of lysine when not topped with oil/butter/fat they are pure medicine. i freeze bananas and eat smoothies mixed with other fruits for breakfasts and snacks. there are so many ways to eat fresh stuff, see recipes on medical medium instagram.

its not easy to stick to this diet especially at first. but its much much much harder to be sick with meniere's. so I choose the diet, it keeps me healthy and able to do all I love to do. it is a discipline, and when we are chronically ill life demands us to adapt and perhaps sacrifice, there is no magic pill for meniere's or this forum would not exist. explore how it feels to feel good with a clean lowfat vegan diet. the fatty diets and pizzas will always be waiting for you to return! but you may not want to return to the old diet when you feel good, who knows.

to answer quickly, virus' love gluten. why is not important, but they just do, millions of sick people have discovered the correlation. its not really personal to us. we crave and love the taste, but when we are ill with a virus, ill with meniere's, the virus we are hosting is craving it through us. the best way to find out for yourself is to stop eating it for a month or so, along with the other red flag foods, eggs/dairy/processed foods/canola oil/tuna/pork/corn/soy/excess salt etc, see the list. and then reintroduce gluten. if you have a strong reaction after taking a break from it, you will decide for yourself if you want to have the symptoms it provokes. for me, gluten gives me acne, makes me bloat, gives me brain fog and depression, and aggravates meniere's stymptoms. so i don't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022